[FIXED] Seeing flames in the toilet when it is being used

by MapleSimmer

Original Post

Re: Seeing flames in the toilet when it is being used

★ Expert
@teenninjadwarf yes, you can see where I responded that it wasn't just males. I said I only saw males and was testing females (and confirmed).
Message 111 of 117 (1,742 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

And it's not just the upgraded ones. All of them start fires as far as I've seen, regardless of which upgrades they have, if any. 

Message 112 of 117 (1,677 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Seeing flames in the toilet when it is being used

★★★★ Novice

I have this same issue on the Xbox one

Message 113 of 117 (1,654 Views)

Champion

A question: has anyone had a Sim/other furniture/the house catch fire from the toilet who doesn't have Eco Lifestyle?

Because I do not have Eco, and while I see fire in the toilets 100% of the time they're in use, they have yet to cause any damage at all. I thought it was just a broken visual effect without actually being a danger - but there's multiple reports here of Sims or bathrooms actually catching on fire from the toilet. Should I be worried? Have I just been insanely lucky so far?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 114 of 117 (1,601 Views)

★ Novice
@eightyfifteen yeah, one of my sims went to go sit down and the toilet bowl lit up in flames. But she did not catch on fire.
Message 115 of 117 (1,510 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have Eco and at first the Sims didn’t catch on fire but then they started catching on fire, then they caught on fire sometimes and then the child started dying, I think my cousin had a Sim catch on fire while sitting on a chair

Message 116 of 117 (1,507 Views)

Hero

● Has this ever happened to you? Your Sims are in the privacy of their bathroom, and suddenly there is the smell of smoke? If your Sims have experienced a… “burning sensation” while satisfying their Bladder need - no more! Thanks to F1xABuG*. F1xABuG deals with all symptoms of flammable bladder functions, patch today!

*F1xABuG will not relieve all fire related incidents while in the bathroom, Sims still will possibly experience flammable encounters if they are Angry or have had Spicy Food. Fire may also still be experienced if Simmers have installed Eco Lifestyle and choose to Compost upgraded toilets with no Insect Farm on Lot. F1xABuG is not responsible for any other side effects, such as Reticulating Splines

Fixed in Patch 1.65.70/ 1.29

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

The toilet catching fire if you have the compostable update is NOT a bug.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 117 of 117 (6,002 Views)