by Lucybird87

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Seeing flames in the toilet when it is being used

★★ Apprentice

Nah I don't have eco living either. Just City Living and Family

Message 101 of 117 (969 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Base game, Seasons, and Outdoor Retreat.

Has been happening for the better part of a month.

Message 102 of 117 (905 Views)

★★★ Novice

This bug was funny at first, but it's gotten really old and annoying. Your sims can't take a leak without the threat of dying. Really stupid. 

I've been using the Steel Bladder or Naturalist trait as a workaround (via cheats), but shouldn't have to.

Steel Bladder - traits.equip_trait steelbladder

Naturalist - traits.equip_trait onewithnature

Note that with Naturalist, it won't prevent the toilet itself from catching fire; it just won't spread to your sim.

Message 103 of 117 (877 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

And its really not a true fix, cause then you are missing out on that sweet bidet buff Wink

Message 104 of 117 (839 Views)

Champion

Happens for females too, and on Mac. Less noticeable for females because they sit on it and hide it - but if you switch to the floor below them, you'll often see flames there. It's not a real fire though - in one game I have the upstairs bathroom happens to be above the kitchen, and I thought the stove was on fire so I had another Sim call the fire department but they just fined me instead of putting it out.

As soon as the Sim stops peeing, the fire disappears.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 105 of 117 (824 Views)

★★★ Novice

The exact same thing has been happening for me... except with my female child and she has burned to death twice because of the toilet 

Message 106 of 117 (751 Views)

Re: Seeing flames in the toilet when it is being used

★★★ Novice
@InfiniteVerve My female Sims have had this and my child actually burned to death because of the toilet
Message 107 of 117 (756 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@teenninjadwarf  That's terrifying! So far, my Sim hasn't received a noticeable effect from the ol' toilet fire. But if Sims can catch on fire by it, that had better be enough for EA to see the horrifying effects of this issue!!

Message 108 of 117 (749 Views)

★★★ Novice
@sketchur I’ve reached out but nobody answered as of yet, it’s happened twice and luckily her mom was able to beg for her life successfully twice
Message 109 of 117 (746 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I'm glad her mom was there to do that! That's actually really scary! Ever since the base-game patch that came out at the same time as Eco Living, my Sim has caught fire much more easily. Not by her fire toilets. But by incense and candles. And once, she wasn't able to put herself out, because she was too stressed from being on fire. Now I'm scared, because she doesn't have someone (yet) to beg for her life! 

Again, glad her mom could! Sounds like a great mom!! :D

Message 110 of 117 (670 Views)