Re: [OPEN] Seeing flames in the toilet when it is being used

by SimsLovinLycan

Original Post

Re: Seeing flames in the toilet when it is being used

★★★★★ Novice

My daughter has had three fiery pees.  I thought it was my eco friendly toilet water getting low hah

Message 31 of 117 (9,805 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Have also had this one. At the time I tested for this particular error, I did NOT have UICheats in my game and I both repaired (both times, because we had two updates back to back) and deleted my thumbcache.

Message 32 of 117 (9,771 Views)

★★★ Pro

It's happening on the PS4 as well.

Message 33 of 117 (9,762 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

This is also happening for me. Granted, it IS kind of fitting for my half-demon spellcaster...but, yeah, my boys are peeing fire.

Message 34 of 117 (9,740 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have also had the same problem, pulled all my mods including mccc.. and the toilets would still catch fire while my sim sat on it.. I am using 2 female sims sitting on the throne.. so I pulled all the mods, and tested it and still got fire in the toilet.. then I replaced the toilets and no more fire.. so I replaced all my custom content, and deleted the thumb cache and tried again.. replaced the toilets right away.. and no fire at all.. did not matter if it was an eco toilet or a non eco toilet.. no fire.. so then I went and upgraded the toilet and it immediately again caught fire.. so there is a problem with the toilets when you upgrade them catching fire..  EA.. need a fix.. I have it down specific as to the problem.. no reason to not get on it.. LOL

Message 35 of 117 (9,735 Views)

Toilet Fire Bug

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Most updated?
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs, most game/stuff packs. There's way too many to list off the top of the head.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the game. Use the toilet.
What happens when the bug occurs? My sims use the bathroom and the toilet catches fire and then the sim catches on fire.
What do you expect to see? The toilet catches fire and then the sim catches fire. It happens multiple times a day without fail. Sometimes in a row, so my sims can't ever use the bathroom.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

This toilet fire bug makes the game incredibly unplayable. A lot of the articles I read online are how it's funny, but my sim's toilet catches fire at least twice a day, which in turn lights my sims on fire at least twice a day. I have to replace the toilet every time. The family evacuates the house every time. My most recent play experience my toilet caught fire 3 times within 3 sim hours. 3 sim hours is barely 20 seconds in real life. That's absolutely ridiculous.

Message 36 of 117 (9,711 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This happens to both female and male sims for me. Never standing, always when they are sitting so they always catch fire and the toilet lights on fire afterwards. It's pretty unplayable.

Message 37 of 117 (9,721 Views)

★★★ Novice

Update on the toilets.. it is upgrading them that causes them to catch fire.. I did the instant upgrade and it caused it.. so I tried individual upgrades and the new feature of Composting container option caused the fire.. so if you upgrade your toilet do not add the composting container.. I added individually the bidet, superior flush and self cleaning no problem with those.. but soon as I then added the composting container.. whalla.. we had FIRE.. boom boom boom.. FIRE..

Message 38 of 117 (9,691 Views)

Re: Toilet Fire Bug

★ Guide

to be honest I haven't noticed this bug until very recently as I have been doing a challenge which has involved a lot of "fertilizing" bushes. If you have get together or jungle adventure that might be your best option until the bug is repaired. 

Message 39 of 117 (9,685 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I had this bug both on upgraded and vanilla toilets - although I have noticed that all my flooring was "low fire resistance" therefor I am trying bathroom flooring without this feat and so far so good; I think I've counted 19 bathroom businesses on 3 different sims no fires yet.

And fire on 21st! Scratch the flooring's fire resistance as well.

Message 40 of 117 (9,669 Views)