Re: See-Through floor and ground with basements

by BryonyRae

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] See-Through floor and ground with basements

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Okay, so I've been trying to find a thread that describes this problem but I haven't really found one.... But I do have ADD (for real) so it's very possible I just missed it. :P Please tell me if there is one! Standard smile

Anyway, I have just built a house on the Cacti Casa lot in Oasis Springs and besides the "normal" terrain glitch (see here - subtle level difference showing as lines in the flooring), I noticed something new.

The ground and a bit of the floor has become see-through in one place, showing the basement outer wall and blue nothingness around it. (see links below)

I think this might have appeared when I deleted a room in the basement, but I'm not sure. Didn't notice it until I toggled back up to the ground level.

New glitch image

New glitch video

Has anyone seen this and know why it's happening? Is it a patch bug? I do have some cc in my game and on this lot...

Message 1 of 20 (14,351 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Novice

Not seeing this with this particular lot since I started a new world and placed it - working fine. Did experience it with another lot temporarily after copying a room to my libarary (lost all the floors/ walls, ground transparent) but resolved by reloading a saved game. This lot also had an exposed ground area within my build.

So, short answer - no Standard smile

View in thread

Message 14 of 20 (15,419 Views)

All Replies

Re: Another(?) basement glitch

Hero

Could you try removing the cc

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 20 (14,308 Views)

Re: Another(?) basement glitch

★ Apprentice

Removed all the cc and it's still there. Also tried to build a room in the basement in the same place as the room I had deleted (which I suspect caused the glitch) and the glitch disappeared. When deleting the room again it came back. Tried it several times with rooms in different places. It only works if I build close to the see-through area. I also tried to change the pool to no effect. 

The terrain glitch is still there though, in several lots, where there are some slight height differences here and there. This appears even after bulldozing the lots repeatedly. Did not have this problem before the last update and it's nothing to do with the cc apparently. Are the glitches related perhaps? Updated my game again today and it's still there, without cc as well.

Message 3 of 20 (14,286 Views)

Hero

@Saralg9028 Added and changed your title a bit to better reflect your issue. If you are not happy with the title I choose, feel free to change again but try to reflect the actual issue in the title.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 20 (14,266 Views)

★ Apprentice

Anyone else got this problem when deleting a room in the basement? Or otherwise for that matter.... :P

Message 5 of 20 (14,239 Views)

Hero

Don't know, really.

Tagging @BryonyRae for some input.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 20 (14,232 Views)

★★★ Novice

I've just got this problem building a large lot - any ground not covered by a floor is 'semi-transparent' and won't accept objects, they place into the basement.instead. Sounds similar to your issue.

Message 7 of 20 (14,139 Views)
Highlighted

Hero (Retired)

I have tried but was unable to duplicate this issue.  I built basement rooms all over the lot and also tried deleting some and then all of them with no change to the terrain above.  Cacti Casa is also one of the few lots that doesn't suffer from this bug, which I initially thought might be related.  @Saralg9028 if you are still having the issue, would you try uploading the build to the Gallery and provide us with the link (or name)?  Same with your issue @Tsaryn; were you using the same lot?  Have you uploaded your build?

Message 8 of 20 (14,119 Views)

★★★ Novice

Lot is Rocky Point Mansion 2, uploaded some time back. I thought I had found the cause of the issue with a room I had placed in the basement with no ceiling - I found that by adding a ceiling to a small part of that room appeared to resolve the problem, until I added any kind of flooring that is. The problem went away during build, but has appeared again intermittently when playing the lot. I now believe it may be memory-related (?) as it is a very detailed and large lot.

Message 9 of 20 (14,111 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

i have an issue with flooring caused by the basement, which i described here. which is basically exactly what BryonyRae wrote

Message 10 of 20 (14,101 Views)