[FIXED] Scattered Panes windows have incorrect shadow

by BryonyRae

Original Post

Shadows don't match windows

★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.67.45.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? EP: All except Island Living. GP: SW, Magic, Jungle, Vampire, Dine, Outdoor SP: Knitting, Tiny, Laundry, Spooky
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just place the "The Scattered Panes" window on the sunny side.
What happens when the bug occurs? The shadow does not match the window pattern.
What do you expect to see? A shadow that matches the pattern of the window
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

TS4_x64_OTcXAdUp1o.png

Message 31 of 38 (1,539 Views)

Re: Shadows don't match windows

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Bruh, this issue is still not fixed, and we're near 2021 soon.

krrc85lzks161.jpg

abt9m4lzks161.jpg

Message 32 of 38 (1,456 Views)

Window Pane Shadow Bug

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.69.57.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Famous, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Journey to Batuu, Parenthood, Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat, Tiny Living, Moschino, Romantic Garden, Holiday Celebration Pack, Grim's Ghoulish Guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place the "Scattered Panes Embiggened" window in a style other than the default one and observe the shadow it projects based on the time of day.
What happens when the bug occurs? The shadow acts as though you are using the default style when the window is placed. The shadow looks like "scattered panes" instead of the square panes in the instance where I discovered the bug.
What do you expect to see? The shadow would reflect the style of window used. Square pane style would show a shadow with square panes.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

When observing the shadow casted by the "Scattered Panes Embiggened" window I noticed the shadow acts as though I placed the default style that is initially previewed while browsing windows. In this instance, I used a style with square panes, but I see that the shadow casted doesn't change.

Message 33 of 38 (1,429 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Scattered Panes windows have incorrect shadow

★★★★★ Apprentice

I am also experiencing this issue on PlayStation. My game is up-to-date and I have all packs installed. 

Message 34 of 38 (1,375 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@MsMaeve92 I was able to replicate this problem. Unfortunately I will not be able to provide any screenshots. Not to mention I will not be able to provide the screenshots with mentioned mods, as I don't have them currently. And I play the game in medium and low settings by default.
This issues closely relates to "bb.moveobjects on" and just the general hardware and software related issues.
This problem occurs because of the texture confusion.
I have to explain this part in steps. As I was able to replicate this issue with ladders.
Once the object is added to a well lit area it is programed not to cast a shadow instead just receive shadow on the object from other parent objects. And vise versa the object is programed to cast shadows.
Basically you confused the game to place shadows on the texture of the windows. By default this texture is placed in the light. So the game just thinks that the windows are a light source instead of a shadow passing objects. You are bypassing the texture. This may be a problem from downloaded gallery items. Or if you placed objects too close together yourself. These objects may include oversized objects that are somehow visible outside of the house. And objects that are too close to each other. Objects that are too close to each other are very specific. And that list is very rare. I can't exactly compile that list. And this only effects about 5% of all of the items. It's kind of difficult to find all of them and separate them from the ones that do not cause this problem.
Your particular issue may be actually easier to determine.
Your issues are most likely just caused by the same problem objects are just visible underneath the house construction. Basically if you have a tall foundation the windows are too low. And you will not be able to see that. As you are staring at the house from the quarter way camera from above. This is caused by other lots too. So it is wiser to check other lots before you make changes to the one you noticed the problem on.
Message 35 of 38 (1,357 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Still not fixed in February 2021!

Message 36 of 38 (1,305 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue but with ALL WINDOWS. Rather, they have the light shining from the inside and casting a shadow on the exterior of the build. There are no beams of light cast on the interior/enclosed rooms.

Message 37 of 38 (1,184 Views)

Hero

The Scattered Panes window in Build Mode now displays appropriate shadows in all
options.

Fixed in Patch 1.77.131/1.44

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

.. it's a bit of a historic day

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 38 of 38 (4,721 Views)