Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Scattered Panes windows have incorrect shadow

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Draw a large room and place The Scattered Panes and The Scattered Panes Embiggened windows along a wall that is being hit by light (suggest setting time of day to afternoon). Place other windows along side them.
What happens when the bug occurs? The windows in question do not display patches of light from the exterior onto the interior floor as do other windows. *Note that while these windows have an exterior tint, so do other windows in the game that do display transmitted light. Also note that the problem applies to all swatches of the window.
What do you expect to see? I would expect to see patches of light and shadows that represent the pattern of the window displayed upon interfacing flooring/walls.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Here is an image showing the two Scattered Panes windows vs. other windows that transmit the exterior light to the interior:

11-14-17_11-32-54 AM.png

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 2 of 38 (9,641 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Scattered Panes windows have incorrect shadow

Hero

The Scattered Panes window in Build Mode now displays appropriate shadows in all
options.

Fixed in Patch 1.77.131/1.44

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

.. it's a bit of a historic day

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 38 of 38 (4,565 Views)

All Replies

Scattered Panes window bug

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All EP, GP, and SP's are installed.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It's a bug that seems to have come with City Living Scattered Panes windows. The windows either don't produce shadows or they produce the wrong shadows (same window but different swatch/design).
What happens when the bug occurs? The windows either don't produce shadows or they produce the wrong shadows (same window but different swatch/design).
What do you expect to see? Shadows and lighting to match the window.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. November 7, 2017 patch for the Cats & Dogs expansion.

My game is showing a bug that seems to have come with City Living Scattered Panes windows. The windows either don't produce shadows or they produce the wrong shadows (same window but different swatch/design).

All other windows cast shadows except the large Scattered Panes window when built on a regular lot:

11-13-17_12-02-36 PM.png

11-13-17_11-53-55 AM.png

In the City Living Apartments only, the windows are casting the wrong shadow:

11-13-17_1-01-23 PM.png

11-13-17_11-56-24 AM.png

Anyone else have this bug? 

Message 1 of 38 (9,519 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] Scattered Panes windows do not transmit light to the Interior

★ Guide

The same happen to me! I opened a topic about this in oficial forums of the sims 4 today! Haha

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16193970#Comment_16193970

Message 3 of 38 (9,476 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Update:  As of 1/22/18, I have tested the window again.  It is now casting shadows, but only the shadows from the first two palette options.  All other palette options (which are essentially different window styles) are also casting shadows from the first two palette options.  See images below:

Correct shadows:

scat1.jpg

Incorrect shadows:

scat2.jpg

Message 4 of 38 (9,418 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Scattered Panes windows do not transmit light to the Interior

★★★★★ Apprentice

This is still a problem as of June 7 2018. It makes certain apartments in City Living unuseable because you can't edit or alter the windows. It's very frustrating!

Message 5 of 38 (9,171 Views)

★ Apprentice

This was meant to be corrected with the patch of June 19th, but I just tested it in my game and it is not, unfortunately.

Message 6 of 38 (9,133 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@Birthright_Black Is it perhaps only still broken on older windows that exist on older save files? Like if you place a new one from Build/Buy does it work?

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 7 of 38 (9,092 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

I did a quick check with a new window and I'm too seeing the wrong shadow at least in build mode.

EDIT: Seems ok with the morning sun but when you choose afternoon, it's off.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 38 (9,084 Views)

★ Apprentice
@SimGuruNick I just tested it on a new save, on an empty lot, both sizes of windows, all colorways, 9am to 9pm. Still displaying the wrong shadows in both build and live mode.
Message 9 of 38 (9,051 Views)

Hero (Retired)

I can confirm - the behavior on this window hasn't changed.  Only the one pattern is being shown for all window palettes.

Message 10 of 38 (8,944 Views)