[FIXED] Saving Lot from the gallery to library has missing pictures

by PaNDiee

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Saving Lot from the gallery to library has missing pictures

★ Guide

Don't reinstall, if it takes hours for you to redownload the game. It doesn't help.

There seems to be a problem with the gallery in downloading the object's thumbnails beside their main thumbnail (in household's these are the pictures of the family members, in lots these are the pictures of the rooms and so on). So, in my opinion it's a gallery issue coming from their data sending servers.

Message 11 of 21 (3,035 Views)

Sims 4 missing SGI&BPI files // household & lots not fully saved in Tray folder.

★★★ Novice

Hi, I actually had this problem that came suddenly last year and I have no idea why(since I do not use any mods whatsoever). I didn't bother to report it immediately since I thought it would be fixed after updates but until now it still hasn't, so it's really bugging me. I have tried everything I can to fix it but nothing works until now.

Here is my problem, those I have downloaded from the "Community" tab can't be viewed fully in "My Library" tab. For example, the households with more than 1 sim.. the second(and onwards) sim's photo would all be blank and when I click on them, it says, "Could not locate this item" pop-up will come on and when I click "Ok", the whole household window closes. The same goes for my downloaded lots. The third(and onwards) photos which show first(second, third and so on) floors of all the lots will be blank as well, and with the same "Could not locate this item" pop-up.

Dropbox link to view all screenshots examples:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vifphdmpvlse2ux/AABYIc03Ps41KBQ2PTKbM9f6a?dl=0

I have not encountered this problem before when I first bought the game. Everything was working fine, I could view everything. Even now my old downloaded ones I could view it fully in "My Library" tab. Only those I have downloaded after this problem started, all had that missing tray files and "Could not locate this item" issues.

Not forgetting, I have read threads that were saying this:

"Your tray folder ( in your sims 4 folder ) contains the files of the sims households and the lots that you have saved to your library. Each sims household contains 5 files and an extra file for each extra sim. Each sims household contains 5 files and an extra file for each extra sim. ( 1x .householdbinary, 1x trayitem, 2x .sgi, 1x .hhi and an extra sgi file for each extra sim)
A Lot consists of 6-11 files, depending on how many floors your Lot has (1 trayitem file, 1blueprint file and 4 bpi files, and an extra bpi files for each extra floor).
The .sgi files are the files that are connected to the sims that you have in your library."  - rosemow, thesims.com

Therefore, I went to check my "Tray" folder but found out there were missing SGI and BPI files.. whenever I downloaded any new household or lots from the "Community" tab. The household example of 2 sims that's supposed to have a total of 6 files ended up with only 5 because one of the SGI for the second sim is missing. And the house lot of 2 floors ended up with only 5 files instead of 7 because 2 BPI files were missing. Why is that so? Is the game not properly saving the missing files into the "Tray" folder?

I have tried to repair the game multiple times through Origin, completely start with a new sims 4 folders after reinstalling my game and also tried playing a new game just to test it all out again but it's still the same. My MacBook and Sims 4 are updated to the latest and I have no firewall and etc except for just adblockers on chrome, no mods, no nothing. So please, is there any other way I can really fix this?

It's a long read, but thanks for taking the time to read through everything that I have said in detail.

Message 12 of 21 (3,028 Views)

Re: Sims 4 missing SGI&BPI files // household & lots not fully saved in

EA app Team

Hi @Rinnevale,

Thank you for the detailed explanation of the issue. Wink

I have merged your post here, as we are talking about it in this thread. As you can read, sadly there is not a workaround for this right now.

You can read the thread for more information.

Thanks,

Mai

Message 13 of 21 (3,009 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Mine are all the downloads in my Library. The first and second show up , but the third & fourth doesn't.  Most of the time it also tells me that I have to connect to see the gallery or to check my connections when I'm already connected to the internet and also to Origin.

Message 14 of 21 (2,855 Views)

★ Apprentice

I am having the same issues with the thumbnails for both households & lots.  It has only been going on for a week for me.  I thought it would be fixed by now but finally had to say something.  Trying to decorate a room to fit a family member from a household that I dl'd & can't see their traits unless I go all the way to the persons profile.  Time consuming.  Hope they fix it soon.  

Message 15 of 21 (2,743 Views)

Re: [FIXED] Saving Lot from the gallery to library has missing pictures

Hero

• Lots downloaded to "My Library" from the Gallery should no longer find that various thumbnails have gone missing.

This was fixed in Patch 1.32.1

Don't know if already affected lots will be fixed or not

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 16 of 21 (6,704 Views)

★ Guide

Thank you! I've waited so long for this Standard smile

Message 17 of 21 (2,608 Views)

★ Guide

This problem has reappeared for me since the release of Cats & Dogs.

I don't mind the missing images so much as the "Could no locate the item" error message.

My only Gallery uploads that I can still access/view are those that I have shared in the Community Gallery.

However, those represent only about 5% of my uploaded lots and households in MyLibrary. 

I don't know what to do. I've tried removing all cc, the soft reset, repairing the game, CCleaner--all of these things before reloading the game.

I'm still getting the "Could no locate the item" message and missing images.

Message 18 of 21 (2,398 Views)

Hero

HI @Shizu9no1

could you please create a new thread for me. This one doesn't have the template.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 19 of 21 (2,383 Views)

★★★ Novice

This issue has never been fixed. 

Message 20 of 21 (1,761 Views)