[FIXED] Save Error 510:5bd7fa0b:6bbefeld

by Jan_831

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] SAVE ERROR 510:5bd7fa0b:6bbefeld

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@crinrictHi Crin, yes two of the Sims have a canoe in their inventory and I do have IL installed.  The family I am playing also lives in Sulani, and one of the family members works in conservation.

Message 41 of 74 (1,224 Views)

Hero
@Jan_831 Could you try if it keeps happening if you remove them from the inventory ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 42 of 74 (1,203 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@crinrict Yes, if it happens again, I will remove them and let you know if it worked.

Edit #1

I got the error code again tonight.  I was able to save by going to manage worlds however it didn't save to the spot where I was.  The game went back three days, but at least all was not lost.  I have removed the canoes from my inventory, so I will see if it happens again.  I was able to play for a few days without the issue, it is very random and I don't know what triggers it.  What was different today was my sim enrolled in university and was doing homework for the first time.  The game started to act funny, my sims were all stuck and the game was frozen, but I managed to get it going which is why I saved at this point.  I am not sure if that had anything to do with it.  I will let you know if it happens again.

Edit #2

Playing tonight I noticed that the Sim who was in the conservation career still had his work canoe in his inventory.  I am unable to remove it, the only options that come up when I click on it are rename, place in world or set as favorite water vehicle.  When I click place in world, he holds up his hands and the action cancels.  I am unable to drag and sell it.  I'm not sure if this is going to be a problem since I can't get rid of it.  I'll let you know if I get the error again.

Edit #3

I got the error message again tonight, and once again I had to go to manage worlds to get a save game.  It took me back two days which is basically where I started tonight, so all was lost.  I removed the canoe from the inventory of one of my sims, but the other is stuck in there.  He was in the conservation career and the canoe you get with that is stuck there.  I'm not sure what I am supposed to do now since this happens regularly and is very frustrating.  I do not know what else to add other than one of the Sims is attending university and lives at home.  I really didn't do anything new tonight.  Thanks again for your help, hopefully, they will find the problem soon.

(Posts merged by CM to include updates/limit spam)

Message 43 of 74 (1,181 Views)

Hero
@Jan_831 Maybe the stuck canoe is the issue or did you remove that before and still get the issue ?

Move everything but the canoe out of the inventory and then make sure the Sim is selected and type in the cheat console: inventory.purge

That should delete the entire inventory.

Backup before attempting in case you by accident purge the wrong one.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 44 of 74 (1,055 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict Hi Crin, The canoe is stuck, I think all along. I thought it was gone, but it is still there. I will do what you suggested and let you know if I get the canoe out and if it worked. I honestly can not say the canoe is the issue because the game saves fine sometimes and then for reasons I do not understand I will get the error code. It is very random. Thanks again for your help.
Message 45 of 74 (1,034 Views)

Re: Nov 12 Save Error 510:5bd7fa0b:6bbefld

★★★★★ Novice
@crinrictsideny The manage worlds save worked for me!
Message 46 of 74 (962 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hi Crin,

just encountered the thread's main error, too. Saving as via Manage Worlds worked in my case. I play with mods, though.

I have no canoe in any of my sims' inventories and possess every pack except for the Moschino stuff pack.

While I was getting the error, I was hosting a dinner party with my household at their home (a planned event, not spontaneous). Perhaps Events like these could bring about a bug, given that someone before mentioned they had trouble during their Ingame Thanksgiving?

Since I read about the canoe-idea here, I checked the inventories of my Sims and went on selling a few things (crystals, fossils and the like - non-harvestables) before I attempted another (unsuccessful) save. I then finished playing the Dinner event, futilely tried to save again and tried the Manage Worlds workaround after that, which was successful - lucky me.

After having done the Manage Worlds save, I could go back into the household and "save as" again, too.

Since I play with mods, I'm not sure how much a save game from me would really help here. If it does, however, please let me know - I'd be happy to provide a savegame from before the error occurred and of course, the Manage Worlds save (and the one back in the household), too. 

Message 47 of 74 (917 Views)

Hero
@SuperbiaRook Thank you for your detailed report.

As there's a workaround found that works in some cases, I think saves are not necessary for now.

If anything changes, QA will ask for them.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 48 of 74 (1,019 Views)

Re: [WORKAROUND] Save Error 510:5bd7fa0b:6bbefeld

★ Apprentice
@crinrictJan_831 me too
Message 49 of 74 (999 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@Jan_831Hi Crin, I just wanted to give you an update... Initially, purging the inventory did not work out too well for me. I kept getting the error code every time I saved and going to manage worlds only made things worse. It never saved at the same spot and my game was really messed up. Holidays came a day before they were supposed to and nothing worked the way it should. My sims College homework disappeared from the inventory, I was unable to do homework, buying a new book didn't work because it never showed up in the inventory or anywhere else in the game. He was failing school because he wasn't doing his homework. In frustration I quit without saving and went back to the point where he first started at the university. At that point I was saving the game every 24 hours, sim time. I used a new save slot each time. Before starting over I once again purged the inventory (note.. there were a lot of stuck items in there, that I could not remove, purging worked with this). The canoes and all of the other stuck items were removed. Ever since I started university over, I have not gotten the error code. I think part of the problem was that I was overwriting previous saves, since saving new I have not gotten the error code. Also, when saving back ups I noticed a file in my saves folder that was not there before it was titled scratch file. I have no idea what that was. It is no longer there, again since having my Sim start university over again. I do not know where the file went or where it came from but it is gone now. I having been playing for two days without getting the error and I am hoping it is finally resolved.  Thank you for all of your help and all of the work you do.

Message 50 of 74 (951 Views)