Re: [WORKAROUND] Save Error 510:5bd7fa0b:6bbefeld

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Save Error 510:5bd7fa0b:6bbefeld

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Marked as Solution for Visibility. This is still an open issue.

Hey this happened to me just now, and I found a possible solution. Instead of trying to save trough "Save", "Save as" or "Quit and Save", I entered the "Manage world" and was able to save when the game asks if I wanted to save before leaving. In addtion to being able to save when I left for "Manage World" the other save options worked just fine when I returned to the family. 

Hope this works for you guys. 

:D

Message 21 of 74 (7,795 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

This also happened to me on the Thanksgiving Holiday.  I did as Janette69 above said and saved as I went to manage worlds.  I went back into the game, and the time was skewed.  The gnomes were still there and it was as if I hadn't accomplished any holiday goals.  I ended the holiday, sold the gnomes, and it's been fine since.  Although I've only played another two days, I did move houses and it seems fine so far.

Message 22 of 74 (3,526 Views)

★ Novice

I tried this but when I quit the game entirely and come back again, the game loads the last saved game that wasn't the most recent one.

Message 23 of 74 (3,472 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@Janette69 Thank you for sharing, this worked for me as well!

Message 24 of 74 (3,419 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] SAVE ERROR 510:5bd7fa0b:6bbefeld

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

This patch had broken more things. I had been able to save okay, then a visiting sim became stuck, won't do anything, the reset Sim did nothing, so I went to save to report it and got this error code. It also appears to have wiped my earlier save. Happy to send files if you tell me how. Nothing but frustration since this patch. I have GT, Pets exp, seasons, IL, vampires, spa day, spooky & toddler packs. One mod but it's disabled since patch.  None of this was happening two weeks ago. I also have any evolved gardening items in inventory disappearing. This issue happened in my little played test save compared to my very developed one after the inventory hitch caused my son's to lose 1000s in inventory.

EDIT1

I'm having the same issue. From what I can tell, it is a continuation of the gardening being broken with the patch like the other bugs. It seems to be created by gardening, possible using the gardening cheats on gave as well. 

What happened: my sim had gnomes leaving seed packets. They wanted a greenhouse indoor garden, so packets were opened and planters put inside, plants planted. A visiting Sim inside was stuck and reset sim would not fit it. I got the error code and couldn't save. I did the " save as exit to manage worlds with around." It did not actually appear to save, as my sim lost the skills gained, all the plants are gone, they are back in past career. The truly off thing is it did do something, as my last working save was the middle of summer. It had just turned to the first day of fall when I went to manage worlds. Now it is Thursday instead of Sunday and 5 days into fall?! I can save as on the lot more.  The lot is caldera camp in Sulani.

EDIT2@crinrict Would a save help in this case, as you can't actually save it? When I attempted the work around via manage worlds, it appears most of the household went back to a previous save (lower in career, missing skills that had been earned, all things recently planted gone, friends lost). The only thing that was weird is it went from the first day of fall (when error occurred, last working save was during mid-Summer, to the 5th day of fall...? Yeah, I'm scratching my head. I can't tell what the heck the game actually did, but it didn't save things or revert things...

(You edit your own post as fyi) - Atic 

Message 25 of 74 (3,385 Views)

★★★ Novice

I Just realized I've been having this problem too since the update. I usually just save and quit and if you do that it doesn't give you the error message but I did notice that when I was loading in my game it didn't seem like where I had left off, but chalked it up to me mis-remembering it. When I just played though, I decided to do a regular save just to make sure and I got the error. I tried the suggested solution of saving using manage worlds, and while it didn't give me an error, when I went back to my household it had jumped my progress back to the last auto-save. I think neither manage households nor save and quit give you an error because they re-direct you (I could be wrong but that's just my observation). I don't use mods so that's not messing with it. 

Honestly it wouldn't be that big of a deal if i didn't have three demon toddlers that I have to keep appeasing every time I load in and that's just a handful. 

Message 26 of 74 (3,340 Views)
Highlighted

Hero

A save helps if you can repro the error next time you get to a certain point or if you can't save on it at all anymore.

Like when you reload the game and still can't save. If you can save the next time round, no, then it's not helpful.

Thanks all for the reports. It's probably best to leave it to QA on this one to ask what they need.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 27 of 74 (3,332 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Hi Crin,

I got the error again tonight while saving, again I lost everything because I was unable to save.  This time I have no idea why it might have happened, there were no holidays or events and I have eliminated the gnomes from all the holidays.  I would like to add that I too am missing things from my inventory, specifically plants that I have harvested.  I noticed this after the most recent patch.  As I use many of the items that have gone missing for magic, this is becoming a problem for me.

Message 28 of 74 (3,274 Views)

Hero
@Jan_831 Did save as not work for you ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 29 of 74 (3,272 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict I mean, the game went back at least 2-3 Sim days judging by the Sims career. I have no wish to play that long only to lose progress. I could try to cheat the harvestables, plant them inside in planters, cheat them to higher than normal, but I still wouldn't have a save that would automatically save to send, they would have to repeat those steps, and given that I skipped 5 days ahead in the calendar while going back in time, I'm a bit afraid if what it might do next time.

After this bug and the constant harvestables disappearing from inventory one, I've lost the will to play until fixed.
Message 30 of 74 (3,251 Views)