Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Save Code Error: 0

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.84.197.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all expansion packs and stuff packs. All game packs except for Journey to Batuu, Realm of Magic, Vampires. I only all kits except for Country Kitchen, Oasis Courtyard, Carnaval Streetwear, and Modern Menswear.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I have tried to repair the game; I have also removed my mods/cc and I am still getting the save Error 0 code.
What happens when the bug occurs? When I try to save the game, a pop up says "the game failed to save. Error Code 0". I also noticed a temporary save file showing up in my saves folder.
What do you expect to see? Proper save of game/
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After the most recent patch for Wedding Stories and after downloading the game via Origin.

This just started today, however, whenever I try to save the game on my MacBook Air I get the Error 0 code. The only work around I have so far is to save my game using "save as". I have tried to play with and without mods/cc and am getting the same error

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title.

Message 2 of 421 (24,629 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Save Code Error: 0 (MAC)

EA Sims Team

Hello.

We released a patch today for console that should fix Error Code 0 in most cases.

So this issue should be mostly resolved for all platforms now.

If anyone is still seeing Error Code 0 with an unmodded, updated game, please post in a separate thread (or create a new thread if it doesn't exist yet).

Thank you.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 421 of 421 (8,489 Views)

All Replies

The Sims 4: Saving the Game

★★★ Newbie

Hello, I have had this problem for a while in the game now, where I am unable to save the game whatsoever, not only using just the 'Save' option or when creating a new Save-file. Whenever I try to do this, it just gives me an 'Error' pop-up message. This, of course, deprives me from playing the game at all, which is very upsetting and concerning since I have spent a ton of money on it. I hope it gets fixed quickly. Thank you for your time and attention. 

Message 1 of 421 (18,620 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I am having the same error code when trying to save.  I am using Windows, though.  I have all packs installed except Journey to Batuu and a handful of kits.  It just started today, after purchasing My Wedding Stories.  I also use Mods and CC, but have tried saving without my Mods in and I am still getting the error.  I can bypass it by doing 'Save As' and it seems to save ok.  I also have some temporary save files in my saves folder. =(  I also tried a game repair.

Message 3 of 421 (24,563 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@DreamzInPink What antivirus program are you using ?

@crystalpenn9 Are you using any antivirus software ?

Please send your saves to SimQARobo as asked here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-Save-Code-Error-0/m-p/11347018#M208970

There's several options for now to try fix this issue. Not every solution works for everyone because it seems there's multiple causes for this.

• TwistedMexi has made a mod that lets you save while this is getting fixed. It's just a workaround while EA fixes the bugs that cause this issue. The link can be found here:  [INFORMATION] Common Game Fixing Mods - Hero Approved
  • For some people a game repair/reinstallation also helped.
  • SimGuruNick posted several workarounds on twitter (this might not help with affected saves)

• Disable Join a Career from Neighborhood Stories
    • Do not set a cake for your Wedding (if you already have one, cancel the event and re-do them without the cake)
    • Make sure you read all the neighborhood stories every day

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 421 (24,542 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@crinrict I am not using any antivirus software that I know of, unless the computer came with it, I have not bought any software. This morning, I restarted the game with a brand new save file with mods/cc installed, and so far have not been received the error code, so I am going to assume that my old save file got corrupted somehow. I am going to continue playing this new save and see if the error pops up again, which I am hoping it does not.

Message 5 of 421 (24,509 Views)

Hero
@crystalpenn9 Mac usually don't come with antivirus. Save Error 0 is usually some kind of space or permission problem.

Let me know when it occurs again.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 421 (24,508 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@crinrict No antivirus here either, that I am aware of.  I continued playing last night, and the error seems to be hit or miss for me now.  But I'm afraid to play.  Afraid I'm going to corrupt my whole save. It is my main and is quite old and large.

You mentioned it could be a space issue.  My C drive is in the red.. could that be causing this???  I don't know what to do about the issue though.  I do have a lot of mods and CC...  I guess I need to start deleting some of that?  Is that my only option?  Thanks so much for your help!!

Message 7 of 421 (24,495 Views)

Hero
@DreamzInPink Is your c drive pretty full ? Do you have another drive ? Maybe just free up some space (delete temp files, move photos to an external drive, stuff like that)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 421 (24,485 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@crinrict 

Yes, it's pretty full.  And I've done everything I know to do.  I'm not very computer savvy, sadly.  I have a D drive that is practically empty, but Idk what all I can move and have my computer still work properly.  I've deleted temp files, screenshots, misc stuff that I have saved on my computer.  I have about 16 GB of mods and CC, but have been told my computer should be able to handle that and more.  So Idk. Frown 

Message 9 of 421 (24,484 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue.

I have no antivirus software. I'm also on a Mac (MacBook Pro 2019; Monterey). I have 104 GB of free space so it isn't a space issue.

The issue started occurring after I bought MWS and I successfully saved my game in the middle of a wedding event (Bach Party). All future saves are now failing with Save Code Error: 0

Message 10 of 421 (24,457 Views)