Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Save Code Error: 0

by Lavendela91

Original Post

★ Guide

I did not have the problem until the installation of the new kit (Decor to the Max). I deleted all mods after the last update. I started the new scenario (mentor), made a mom and daughter, moved them into San Myshuno, build a home, tried to save, error 0. I had a workaround with making a new save and clicking either "save as" or "save and exit" to be able to save. Therefore, I now have 3 gamefiles that are corrupted, lol. I added them all into the folder, I hope you can acces it, it's my first time sharing via OneDrive like this. Good luck with the bug. 

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AoEUks-SkbLz8DTMyJ79ECQIImAP

Message 301 of 421 (1,634 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I just started having this error today for the first time. It literally began the first time I saved after downloading the most recent patch with the tattoos etc. Save As does work for me but I'm also suddenly encountering many other bugs I never used to deal with...

Message 302 of 421 (1,535 Views)

Re: “Game failed to save error code 0”

★ Novice
@boostmanny Yes i am having this issue too...what is going on?
Message 303 of 421 (1,470 Views)

★★★ Newbie

User name: Nstorkan

Hi just started getting this error bought the game a few days ago and do not have the wedding pack. I can save as but not regular save.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_Pif4Z5gq2vE1KLFwh9-fxgT5muKn2H5/view?usp=sharing

Message 304 of 421 (1,445 Views)

Re: “Game failed to save error code 0”

★★★★★ Novice

I don't know if it will help but figured I'd add my two cents worth. My Save that is affected by this Error Code 0 lives in Forgotten Hollow on the only empty lot by default in the world. I built a tiny home and played fine all day of the update. I had her have a baby and expanded the house to make room for the baby. I added some plants from my inventory for her to start a garden not long before having the baby. The last thing I planted was the Fly Trap. Was able to save fine the day of update and created said save immediately after update. When I reloaded the save a few days later I took care of the baby, took care of the plants and practiced writing. Had her eat blood packs and that is pretty much it. I had not purchased a retail lot or created a community lot. In fact she had not left her lot at all as she was tending to the baby. Single mother. All the things I had added to my lot via the inventory were added the day of the update and saved just fine until, reloading the save and doing the above mentioned activities with my sim. Wasn't feeling good so played only for an hour or so and then recieved the error. I had not saved before this time for this play session. So on my first save after reloading is when it glitches and gave the error code 0. I hadn't gone into the gallery or cas or traveled anywhere. So I have no idea what triggered the Error Code 0 on this particular save. Don't know if it will help but there it is.

Message 305 of 421 (1,448 Views)

★★ Novice

I’m having this problem for the first time today. Playing on PS4. Error Code: 0

Message 306 of 421 (1,398 Views)

★★ Novice

I have this problem but on wi does PC I have wedding pack but non of the items on the game it last showed this error on were in my build. I have recently downloaded the new kits pack too if that makes any difference 

Message 307 of 421 (1,356 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Tested this a bit more on a "corrupted" (.tmp) save, ( normal "Save" caused the Error Code 0). When i clicked on the mailbox and cleared all of the neighborhood stories messages, i was able to save again normally. So maybe the neighborhood messages are the problem, someone should try this and see if it helps.

Edit to add some extra info:

Save was "Slot_00000011.save.tmp" which i renamed to "Slot_00000011.save" so removed the .tmp

Loaded this save in game and loaded my sims lot.

clicked mailbox and then clicked "Check recent neighborhood stories" until it displayed "Nothing of note has happened recently" and saved using the normal "Save".

In this save i have all of the neighborhood stories options enabled in "Other Households", played have these disabled.

On my other save which still works, i disabled both adopt options from Neighborhood Stories. (I have cleared those NS mailbox messages in this save almost daily after the first error)

Message 308 of 421 (1,341 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@JKK_Xtreme I certainly cannot say for sure, but I just happened to do this with my "corrupted save" (or whatever we're calling this issue) late last night and just after I did this (cleared ALL; there were three and I had to do the neighborhood story/mailbox action three separate times) was the first time that I did not get the error code when trying to save.

Message 309 of 421 (1,285 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Did you ever get the error code fixed I have the same problem 

Message 310 of 421 (1,248 Views)