Re: Series X: Game failed to save Error Code:0

by Vatzfu

Original Post

Game Won't Save

★★ Apprentice

This started happening to me today, but I cannot save my game unless I choose save as or save as I go into manage worlds. I get the error "The game failed to save. Error Code: 0" when I try to save. I don't have any mods or custom content, and I tried to repair my game but that did not work. Is anyone else having this issue? 

Message 131 of 421 (1,128 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Save Code Error: 0

★ Novice

i am getting error message every time i try to save a game, lost a full day of building because i didnt think to check if my saving was working.... fix this please

Message 132 of 421 (1,193 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have been having this issue and I found the one thing that allows me to work around so far is when I have thAT OPTION, I use the save as option and then instead just tell it to Add new save. and make a new save instead of overwriting the previous save or using the save as. 

Basically: 

I go to save as, and then tell it to Add new save and that allows me to save normally. 

Message 133 of 421 (1,192 Views)

Re: Series X: Game failed to save Error Code:0

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@PsychotpsThanks for your post! I can confirm this is exactly what is happening as I just installed the game to play with the new content until I did a Dinner Party and tried to save after the event ended, since then my game cannot overwrite saves, only create new ones through "Save As". My desktop has no antiviruses or permission issues either but I felt that "low fps issue" you described in your earlier posts, not sure if it is related to the alt-tabs I did while listening to podcasts/deezer while playing.
EDIT : I only play the main game plus the New Year package

Message 134 of 421 (1,325 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have had this same issue and apparently it's from the update - I have managed to kind of circumvent it by saving as a new save, or using 'Save and Go to Manage Worlds' which apparently saves anyway - I hope they fix this soon, one would expect to at least be able to save their own game when playing. I hope this helps a bit!

Message 135 of 421 (1,301 Views)

★★★ Novice

This is happening to me too. I don't own Wedding Stories, and have not played any weddings. I am trying to play the Supervillain scenario. It's now gotten corrupted twice. I do have mods, and used them to cheat my Sim back to level 1 of the career and with no skills when I started playing, as it seemed weird and too easy to me that he started so high up in the career with level 5 of the logic and charisma skills already. I think it starts to fail when he gets back to the original level of the career that the scenario began with.

Message 136 of 421 (1,377 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same happening here, error code 0 while saving, save as in a new slot is possible but doing so regularly isn't playing relaxed. 

Only base game, life of the party digital content, up all night digital content and holiday celebration pack here. 

Few mods, but also happening without mods.

Playing on Windows 10 through the EA app

Also having tmp files in my saves folder

Message 137 of 421 (1,338 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

I'm on ps4, and the only pack I have is seasons, which I bought today. I've gotten error code 0 as well, but it let me save to a new slot instead so i just did that. when i eventually got to 10 slots, i could save to my 10th slot just fine again. no error code or anything. The thing is that when I went back a few hours later to load the save, the time showed was incorrect, being around 7 hours from when I actually last saved. When I loaded it, all of my progress was gone. It's frustrating because there were so many things that I built and relationships that I made, and it wasn't even my fault that I lost it. 

When I went to check the save in my ps4 settings, the time that was shown was the time that I actually last saved, around 7 pm. The time on the save that showed in game was around 11 am. Does that mean anything? I hope it does because I really don't feel like playing this game anymore lol

Message 138 of 421 (1,311 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have the same problem too. Creating new save works but trying to override a pre-existing save does not.

Message 139 of 421 (1,285 Views)

★ Novice
@crystalpenn9 This is copied and pasted from another forum where I posted about this same issue:

"I only just recently purchased and installed MWS (one day after the patch, actually!). I had Sims celebrate an engagement on the designated reception Lot in Tartosa. They never used a cake as it was just an Engagement party and things seemed okay. But on the day that I experienced the save file corruption (yesterday) I had another couple travel to that Lot in Tartosa and cut a wedding cake.

I actually spawned the cake through testingcheats as I hadn't made one prior to going there (still figuring out how that EP works, so got to the Lot and though "ahhh sh**, I don't have a wedding cake!"). I wonder if that might have contributed to it as my Sims didn't naturally create it and then use it. Hmmm.

I managed to recover an older save file of my Active Household which set me back by 4 hours or so, but it's allowing me to save. I'm going to double check if the Sim in the other household is married and if not then it could point to the wedding cake scenario. At least it would give me a window of when things may have Gone to Sh**. Haha."

I've since travelled to the Household that I sent to get married to check if the save file is from before or after they performed the action and it looks like they're married, so I am playing in a save file from after the cake was used. Here's hoping that this file also does not become corrupt as I don't have a save file version before this one. I might just have to Save As in a different file and hope for the best. Standard smile
Message 140 of 421 (1,285 Views)