Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Save Code Error: 0

by EmberEms

Original Post

Ps5

★★ Novice

Am on ps5 I have been having some lag since new update n can't save my game with error code 

Message 91 of 421 (1,220 Views)

Re: Ps5

★★ Guide

What's the Error Code Number?

Message 92 of 421 (1,218 Views)

★★ Novice

Error code 0 

Message 93 of 421 (1,218 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Save Code Error: 0

★★★★ Novice

@SimQARobo wrote:

Thank you to everyone that has shared saves or information thus far.

Unfortunately, the team has had a difficult time pinpointing when the save becomes corrupted.

For anyone encountering this issue, have you played with any wedding cakes from the Wedding pack?  If so, can you describe how you used the wedding cake during your play?

I purchased a wedding cake at the town center in Tartosa and placed the wedding cake in my Sim's inventory prior to officially planning the wedding. I later planned the wedding and other wedding events once my Sim was back home in Henford-on-Bagley. I then opened the event portal to try and assign the cake to the event. I tried several times since the cake didn't appear to be assigned to the event. I have a mod to not have food expire, so the cake was sitting in my inventory the whole game.

I successfully had a save while my sim was at a bach party in The Narwhal Arms in Windenburg while my Sim was hysterical. All subsequent saves were corrupted, I believe the next save was at my Sim's home in Henford-on-Bagley.

Hope this helps the team!

Message 94 of 421 (1,681 Views)

Re: Save Code Error: 0 (MAC)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

Same problem. Just happened for me. PC, Error code 0.

I personally don't have the broken wedding pack, just the latest update. Was trying out the new ET scenario. Been playing it all day but tried it a few minutes ago and it crashed. Just before it happened, lag completely bottomed out, stuck at <15 fps.

Disk space is fine. 1.2 TB

Message 95 of 421 (1,672 Views)

★★ Guide
@greys911 Oh yes that's the same Error Code Pc is having. Interesting.
Message 96 of 421 (1,637 Views)

Re: SIMS4 wont save

★★★★ Apprentice

Wow, necro'd post, but I just had the same issue.  I have a bad habit of only saving when I exit.  Today I played the game for 4 hours, I clicked "save and exit", I got the error message saying it couldn't save (I think it said error C), then it quit.  I just loaded up the game again to check, and yep, ALL my last 4 hours of gameplay, completely gone. I'm am not amused.

I am definitely going to get into the habit of saving more often, that's if it will let me.

Message 97 of 421 (1,597 Views)

Re: SIMS4 wont save

@steppnwolf1 and @EvilVampyre  If you use "save as" and rename the save, does the save process itself work?  You can put the game in windowed mode and see whether a new file is created in Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 > saves.  Let me know either way, and please also let me know how large the save file is.

@steppnwolf1  If you get an error when trying to save, please post a screenshot.  @EvilVampyre  I'm guessing you're getting an Error 0 when saving, but please confirm.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 98 of 421 (1,579 Views)

Series X: Game failed to save Error Code:0

★★ Novice

Saving game results in “The game failed to save.  Error code: 0”

I’ve done the following:

• Reset xbox
  • full shutdown xbox
  • complete reinstall entire game and all dlc
  • re download cloud save after deleting local save files cache etc
  • moved game and all dlc to seagate drive for more space 
  • saved new file
  • done the “managed worlds” trick to force auto save

and more.  All the above results in: error code 0 when loading the game and attempting to save. 

please fix the bug and thanks my kid just got the game and it worked for all of an hour. Terrible bug!

Message 99 of 421 (1,849 Views)

Re: Series X: Game failed to save Error Code:0

Hero (Retired)

@TommyPickles112 I've merged your post into the current bug report for this issue. Please click the "Me Too" button at the bottom of the first post on the first page of the thread.

QA is actively looking into this issue.

Message 100 of 421 (1,823 Views)