Re: [OPEN] Salvage into Parts not producing parts

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Salvage into Parts not producing parts

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Hi,

I have a sim with maxed handiness, I asked them to salvage a cheap radio into parts.  The animation plays, the radio disappears but no parts arrive in inventory.  Originally seen in a game with mods and cc but checked with all removed.

A work around is to salvage until item is broken, cancel salvage and choose repair which produces a rubish pile that you can scavenge from and parts in inventory as expected.

I first noticed this after the lastest update Update: 02/04/2016 – PC Version 1.15.55.1020 / Mac Version 1.15.55.1220 but I do not play handy sims very often so it may have started earlier.

I use a Win 10 pc.

Hope this is enough info, please let me know if I have missed something.

ETA I have GTW, GT, OR, SD installed

Message 1 of 9 (2,571 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

• Using the Salvage into Parts interaction will now salvage the salvage into parts as expected.

This issue should be fixed with Patch 1.36

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 9 of 9 (2,253 Views)

All Replies

Re: [TO TEST] Salvage into Parts not producing parts

★★ Guide

I've tested this also. Any sim which has reached level 10 cannot salvage more than one object. After the first salvage they can no longer salvage anything and no junk piles are created. Additionally, if an item 'breaks' they can salvage that object, then one subsequent object before they are again unable to salvage anything. This is obviously a problem with inventory data.

Message 2 of 9 (2,506 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

I've tested this and was able to reproduce if my Sim already had parts in their inventory.

If I emptied the existing ones out, I received new ones.

Could you test if that works for you too ?

@helenthehunter

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 9 (2,492 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

That was one of the first things I had tested and the existing part collection is irrelevant. It only occurs after the sim reaches level ten (10) and they can only salvage one object before the problem occurs. Place new objects and salvage them to discover the problem. Any 'broken' object can be salvaged successfully and you will be able to salvage one additional object before the problem occurs again. 

Message 4 of 9 (2,489 Views)

Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 9 (2,465 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I've been experiencing this issue as well. So I'm not sure if it's an old bug thta's come back, or if the bug just generally hasn't been fixed yet.

Message 6 of 9 (2,400 Views)

Hero

Open = Current Bug = Not fixed

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 9 (2,386 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have this issue, tried it with a cheap computer instead of a radio but no parts showed up. Rubbish piles to salvage from don't show up either, so unable to salvage from them.

Message 8 of 9 (2,306 Views)

Hero

• Using the Salvage into Parts interaction will now salvage the salvage into parts as expected.

This issue should be fixed with Patch 1.36

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 9 (2,254 Views)