by Eggelhaft

Original Post

Re: Strangerville Bizarre Fruit

★★★★★ Novice
@Eggelhaft yes- but I HOPE so... XD
Message 21 of 36 (1,276 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [SV] Unable to harvest the Bizarre Fruit

★ Guide

Ah yes. Another bug for me to enjoy. At this point, I may as well become a QA tester with the amount I tend to run into. 

Message 22 of 36 (1,229 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@Kyr0e With all the bug testing we do, they should really PAY us to play and test their games for them.
Message 23 of 36 (1,184 Views)

★ Pro

@Psychotps wrote:
@DaRula_4ULike most things in the game, this has been broken for quite some time.

You can't finish Strangerville now without cheating.

Just nurture a plant, and when the thing opens up and you normally grab it, just turn on the debug cheat and give yourself one of the bizarre fruits.

If you're on console... my regards. You can no longer play strangerville. I would just disable the entire pack as it's now useless.

You can still buy Bizarre Fruit at the Curio Stand.

Screen Shot 2021-10-14 at 4.02.53 PM.jpg

Message 24 of 36 (1,133 Views)

Re: Unable to Harvest Bizarre Fruit in StrangerVille

★ Pro

If you've made it to the deepest level of the lab you can ask The Mother for some fruit.

Screen Shot 2021-10-14 at 3.41.47 PM.jpg

Message 25 of 36 (1,135 Views)

★ Pro

@Mike_Dixgard wrote:

no- unfortunately it's not a solution if you are grewing bizarre plants and make them best quality, then make juice of it and want to sell it!!! it's NOT

This is "a" work around to getting high quality fruit for fizzing. But, only if you have Cottage Living. 

You need a Golden Hen or Rooster. Make friends with them and ask for their help. They will then increase the quality of anything they can reach to it's highest level. Buy some Bizarre Fruit at the Curio Shop. Lay it out on the ground and wait for the Gold Chicken to transform them to perfect.

Alternatively: Keep checking with the Grocery Shop in HoB until you can buy a Golden Egg. Make one of the Golden Egg meals (e.g. Golden eggs and toast), eat it and then your Sim will briefly have the power to transform normal fruit to perfect.

I don't know if either the Golden Chicken or the Gold effected Sim can improve the quality of already fizzed fruit drinks. I've never tried. 

I don't know if a Spellcaster using the "Repario" spell has any effect on the quality of juice. Not tried that either. 

Message 26 of 36 (1,129 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I'm also not able to harvest bizarre fruit, neither from wild plants nor from planted plants. I remember that I could harvest them the first time I played in StrangerVille, in 2019.

Also, planted bizarre plants don't grow, it seems. I've been playing in StrangerVille for over a sim-week now, and I planted a bizarre fruit on the first day, but it hasn't even sprouted yet.

Message 27 of 36 (980 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yes! Just wanted to report this as well on my PS 4. The bizarre plant interaction to harvest once it is nurtured. I’ve appreciated your past updates this year about bug fixes! I hope this (and the build a rocket ship bug—-which is worse) both get fixed soon! Thanks so much!

Message 28 of 36 (968 Views)

Infection Vaccine for Strangerville

★★★ Apprentice

Hi,

I've tried and failed to do this, in order to move on to the next part of this game.  However, it said I needed to nurture the bizarre plants in order to complete this task.  I did that, and it didn't help.  Now I don't even see the option anymore.  What happened for the option to disappear?  And is there any other way I can complete this part of the level??

Message 29 of 36 (934 Views)

Re: Infection Vaccine for Strangerville

★★★★ Expert

Frown There's a bug report about this.  Currently,you have to buy your bizarre fruit from the curio shop. You should click "Me, too" here:  https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-SV-Unable-to-harvest-the-Bizarre-Fruit/m-p/10577839#M1952...

Message 30 of 36 (913 Views)