Original Post

Re: Strangerville Bizarre Fruit

★★ Novice

And You can even evolve it!

Message 11 of 36 (4,011 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

I ran into this today.  No option to get bizarre fruit after nurturing the plant.  It is simply missing.  But there are other ways to get the fruit.  In addition to grafting and using the debug cheat mentioned above, you can just buy them at the Conspiracy Theorist vender stall near the bar.  I generally do that anyway since you can buy up to 99 at a time and it's a whole lot faster to get enough to be able to move on with the story.

Hope this helps.

Message 12 of 36 (3,973 Views)

Unable to Harvest Bizarre Fruit in StrangerVille

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.146.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Journey to Batuu
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Progress the StrangerVille story to the last stage (after seeing the mother plant) and nurture a bizarre plant. You will be unable to harvest the fruit, thus making the story unable to be completed.
What happens when the bug occurs? The option to harvest the bizarre fruit from the plant isn't available.
What do you expect to see? My Sim should be able to harvest a fruit after nurturing a plant.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I did see another post about this, but decided to submit it as a formal bug report so that it would be more clear/concise. 

Message 13 of 36 (3,937 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@Psychotps How do you do the debug cheat? I can't figure it out. I click nurture and it opens up then shift click on the plant but no option to get the fruit appears.
Message 14 of 36 (3,877 Views)

Re: [SV] Unable to harvest the Bizarre Fruit

★ Guide

Same problem here. I’m playing on PS4 so I use no mods and there is no option to harvest strange fruit as well. The plant opens up after nurture option but I can only view it, taunt, collect samples or take photo. I know the fruit can be bought from Erwin’s shop, but it’s a little bummer. 

Message 15 of 36 (3,843 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Psychotps I thought the same.... But you can always go to the Curio across the street from the pub and just buy some of the fruit needed to complete..... Standard smile
Message 16 of 36 (3,784 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@madalaineporter

You can find all the debug items, every item in the game in build/buy mode. Even the bizaare fruits.

In the command window:
testingcheats on
bb.showhiddenobjects

Then just search for Debug and look for it. There is a LOT there.

It helps a lot if you have Better Build/Buy mode by Twisted Mexi. He's categorized it all so you don't have to spend ages looking for it.

Message 17 of 36 (3,772 Views)

Betreff: [OPEN] [SV] Unable to harvest the Bizarre Fruit

★★★★★ Novice

I've also reported this annoying bug several times.. and months passed and it's not even fixed yet....!!! I DO not need any solution like buying the fruits in DEBUG- I'm a FARMER! XD and I need to harvest my plants because I need to make juice of them!!!!!!ya ruining my business!!! so- PLEASE! FINALLY FIX IT! *crying*

Message 18 of 36 (3,329 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

no- unfortunately it's not a solution if you are grewing bizarre plants and make them best quality, then make juice of it and want to sell it!!! it's NOT

Message 19 of 36 (3,320 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I wonder if someone from EA care about that lol.

Message 20 of 36 (3,310 Views)