Re: [OPEN] [SV] Strangerville Scanner constantly low

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [SV] Strangerville Scanner constantly low

★★ Novice

I had the same issue. (I have all dlcs except nifty knitting, no modes, recent returnee so near fresh install)

I somehow managed to fix the problem by setting the aspiration to strangeville (was on some other aspiration despite doing the "walkthrough"  for strangeville) This somehow fixed my problem after I force skipped the first stage of the aspiration, which I had done already before setting the aspiration. not sure if it will help you.

Message 31 of 40 (1,192 Views)

★ Novice

I had the same bug and finally found a way to make it works!!
To use your scanner for the first time, go in town (not the laboratory) and take care of a flower. After the flower opened, scan next to it. If you don’t find spore, try another and repeat the process till you get one.
Then go to the laboratory when your scanner is charged and use it.
For me, it works. I hope it’ll works for you too.

Message 32 of 40 (1,121 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I had the exact same issue and I figured out what it was so I'll post here in case this helps someone.

I had my Sim's aspiration set as 'solve the Strangerville mystery'. In the first part of the aspiration there are three tasks to complete which loosely correlate with solving the mystery, however there is one extra task to complete which involves you buying a curio. This has got nothing to do with progressing the SV mystery, so I didn't do it. The problem was, I continued to progress through solving the mystery (collecting evidence, dossier etc), and then WENT BACK to buy a curio because I thought 'huh, I should probably do that'. I then got stuck because the next part of the aspiration involved collecting evidence, and putting together a dossier, which I had already done, but the game was now registering as incomplete. I had the scanner at this point, and was getting the same error you described - it needed charging and was unusable no matter what I tried. I realised that the game essentially thought I was still in the evidence-collecting stage (as that's where I was on the aspiration), and the made the object unusable. What worked for me was using UI cheats extension, and marking the aspirations tasks as done up to the task I had actually completed in game (just literally right click on them). I was then able to continue on as normal.

TL;DR - if you have Strangerville Mystery aspiration on, make sure you complete the tasks in order even if they don't relate the mystery, otherwise the game will not register you as having progressed (even when you have) and you won't be able to use objects or use certain interactions.

Message 33 of 40 (1,084 Views)

Hero
@lunapbird Did you already sent your save to SimGuruNick as requested here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-SV-Strangerville-Scanner-constantly-low/m-p/936160... ?

Goes for anyone in this thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 34 of 40 (1,068 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have the same exact issue. I left my Strangerville family for one sim week and came back and the scanner was still low. Another glitch I have only in Strangerville is my sims freeze and won't do what I tell them. For example I told them to go to bed and they stood in front of the bed for hours. I kept resetting them and they still did it. When they finally got in their energy wouldn't go up and the time speed didn't increase. I left the household and came back later. I told my sim to run on the treadmill and he just stood in front of it for hours. I just gave up on it.

Message 35 of 40 (1,057 Views)

★ Novice

I tried to use the infection for the FIRST time and got the "battery low" message. I don't see the point in having to clear cache files, save, repair, restart, reload saves and whatever else rigmarole and other associated *. I thought this was a game, not a course in advanced computer diagnostics or whatever.

i can only conclude that this dlc is utter * and I won't ever be buying another EA game again.

Message 36 of 40 (992 Views)

★ Guide
@Komori44 Scanner's charge level resets upon traveling often. Regardless of if it's first use or not. For me, at least.

To reproduce reliably: wait until it's fully charged, travel, let's say, from StrangerVille to some Valley Del Sol culb, travel back to location from which you started. Using 'maximum zoom out until option to travel appears' to initiate the travel in both cases.

Voila! Almost 100% chance that scanner will require charging again!
Message 37 of 40 (926 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Just came across this issue on PS5 trying to complete the SV story. The scanner was low and I could not use it. I've completed the story a few times before on different saves, but on this new save it would not work.

I've submitted my save.

Message 38 of 40 (845 Views)

Hero
Is anyone still having issues with this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 39 of 40 (803 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

This issue should be fixed now, the charge functionality was completely removed. So there's no such thing as having a "low battery" anymore, the "Scan Area" interaction should always be available now and never greyed out. 

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 40 of 40 (3,389 Views)