Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [SV] Strangerville Scanner constantly low

by Rachelharris31

Original Post

Re: Strangerville scanner constantly low

★ Apprentice

I am having the same problem (I posted in another topic because I wasn't sure where to put it or is anyone else even have the same problem). I am not technologically inclined at all and know nothing about separate folders or anything. Hence, I have no mods or cc installed.

Plus, I am playing on a Mac so folders are accessed differently.

Message 21 of 40 (1,309 Views)

Re: StrangerVille Spore Scanner

★★★ Pro

Yes it's a known bug it's in the bug reports section 9 posts down.

Message 22 of 40 (1,313 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hey! I didn't know I could do that! Thanks! It is not ideal, because I personally find the process of actually scanning the ground for sport clusters to be somewhat satisfying, but it works.

Message 23 of 40 (1,307 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I am having an issue with my Infection Scanner also. 

I haven't used mods or cc and only logged about 70 gaming hours.

I have passed all but the final story stage, I've created and trialled the experimental vaccine, but now I need spores for the real thing, plus some for extra weapons against Mother.

Here is the problem...I visit The Lab because it provides a surplus of spores when scanning but now the scanner shows unavailable due to battery charge. This is regardless of how long I leave it between scans and despite confirming available charge prior to leaving my home lot to visit The Lab. 

This issue does not appear to be related to a change in the story stage, because it worked just fine to find spores for the experimental vaccine.

I have seen a couple of solutions provided, which I will try this evening, but these seem to be work arounds.

EDIT It is possible that trips to the library are an inconsistent fix. It seems that those players affected must visit the library first. I've had my Sim speak to residents about the town and then travelled immediately to The Lab. So far 3/5 times, it worked. 

Message 24 of 40 (1,280 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Can anyone experiencing this issue possibly share a save with me, to help us investigate? You can DM me the link to your save, thanks so much for your help!

Instructions for sending me your save: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 25 of 40 (1,229 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@poptart52  @alwe15  @coleslaw_1915 @Rachelharris31 
If any of you have a save to share please see the post on how to share it to investigate this issue.
Thank you

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 26 of 40 (1,187 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@SimGuruNick 
StrangerVille Scanner save file sent with text file describing what happened.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 27 of 40 (1,145 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Pro

Thanks for tagging me but when I replied to the person it was in general discussions and it got merged with this thread I haven't tried it cause I like to keep strangerville as it is.

Message 28 of 40 (1,112 Views)

★ Pro
@SimGuruNick Have messaged you with link to save file. Thanks for looking into the issue. Rar is named dolldrms1ScannerLow
Message 29 of 40 (1,095 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [SV] Strangerville Scanner constantly low

★ Guide

Been having this problem ever since Eco too, but I have a bunch of mods and didn't want to take the time to see if any were doing it.  I just got through the Strangerville Mystery by pulling 45 spores out of BB mode with the show hidden objects cheat on.

Message 30 of 40 (1,061 Views)