Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [SV] [S] Fence shows holiday decoration although to low

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.56.52.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except My First Pet Stuff and RoM
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Put down the floor level fence that came with Strangerville and enable fence decorations, with the Seasons decorations box.
What happens when the bug occurs? The fence displays the Seasonal decorations, even though it shouldn't because of how low it's height is which means decorations will float on top of the fence.
What do you expect to see? I expect the Season decorations to not display on this fence.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Here is what I mean:

09-29-19_4-49-49 PM.png

This fence is bugged, it shouldn't be displaying the decorations due to it's low height. This is what we should see (this is a BG fence that also has a low height):

09-29-19_4-49-58 PM.png

I didn't disable fence decorations here, they simply don't show because the fence isn't high enough for them to even show which is what should happen with the first one.

Message 1 of 5 (682 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [SV] [S] Fence shows holiday decoration although to low

EA Sims Team

Hello.

We released a PC/Mac patch today (version 1.59.73) that may have fixed this issue. If this issue is still occurring for you on PC/Mac after updating your game, let us know.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 5 of 5 (484 Views)

All Replies

EA Sims Team

Sul Sul, @Sigzy05!

First of all, thanks so much for your report on this issue. This does really help our team a lot! We continue to investigate this issue, however, we have not been able to reproduce it successfully yet.
If you still see this occurring in your game and do not mind sharing a save file with us, that would be super helpful as it would enable our team to gather further information about why this is happening!

By clicking >here<, a new tab will be opened with further instructions on how to share save files with our team.

Thanks a bunch and Happy Simming! Party hat

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 2 of 5 (611 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@SimGuruKuxiku It's been doing that forever. The decorations are at a fixed height and if you have a fence that is smaller, it'll always appear floating above it.
Message 3 of 5 (607 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

You have "not been able to reproduce it successfully yet"? Seriously? It took me all but two minutes to check and see this in my game!

Those automated copy/insert_name/paste replies are becoming somewhat ridiculous...

Message 4 of 5 (578 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello.

We released a PC/Mac patch today (version 1.59.73) that may have fixed this issue. If this issue is still occurring for you on PC/Mac after updating your game, let us know.

Message 5 of 5 (485 Views)