[FIXED] [SV] Blackmail interaction appears on on objects

by bandit34

Original Post

Re: Blackmail interaction appears on on objects

★ Apprentice

I did not purchase University, but it appeared after the University update.  I never use mods or cc. I have all other expansion and game packs and a good selection of stuff packs.

Yasmin works in the criminal career path as a Net Demon. Traits are: Kleptomaniac, Cheerful, Genius. She has a whole bunch of traits from growing up, some purchased traits like beguiling, and she has webmaster. After the update whenever she clicks an inanimate object the blackmail function appears. Other members of the family or in the world do not have this option. This includes another Kleptomaniac sim.

The items you can blackmail are sort of amusing. It is literally any inanimate object. This includes floors and columns as listed above. I also have the toddler's potty training toilet, regular toilets, shrubbery, harvestable plants, stuffed animals, the fridge, exercise equipment, mirrors, the shower, the pool...  This option is available when on the home lot and in community lots.

When the blackmail function is selected nothing happens. The item refuses to be added to a list of objects.

Message 21 of 23 (332 Views)

★ Apprentice

@MojoIsAwesome wrote:

Hey!
Check your sims' inventory

Is there anything in his/her inventory related to unsolving the Strangerville mystery?

If so, try selling it

That should fix it!

Thanks! This worked.

I had one sim in the world finish the Strangerville Mystery aspiration and reset the world. My sim was not in that household but had some evidence in their inventory. I sold it and blackmail functions on inanimate objects disappeared.

Weird that I've had Strangerville for a while and this is the first it showed up.

Message 22 of 23 (328 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Multiple duplicate interactions should no longer appear in pie menus when you have certain objects in your inventory.
○ Some example interactions that were reported: “Play Fetch”, ”Give Potion”, “Blackmail”, “Scan Here”. The LastException related to this issue should also be fixed

Fixed in Patch 1.59.73

Console thread for this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/quot-Blackmail-Bug-quot/m-p/8555123

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 23 (1,507 Views)