by MojoIsAwesome

Original Post

Re: Blackmail interaction appears on on objects

★★★★★ Apprentice

yes appear when clicking on wishing well

Message 11 of 23 (1,573 Views)

Hero
@bandit34 What I mean is if the wishing well could be the trigger. As your save already has the issue, I'm guessing it's showing up everywhere and is probably triggered by strangerville.

Blackmail is also an option that can happen if you use the wishing well, and I'm wondering if that can trigger the issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 23 (1,565 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

oh ok maybe wishing is broken then but it does not appear on sim who have used wishing well but not completed strangerville quest

Message 13 of 23 (1,562 Views)

Hero
@bandit34 I'll mark it as SV issue for now.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 23 (1,556 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

ok thanks

Message 15 of 23 (1,553 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrictThis may be related to the other issue I reported about potions: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-ROM-Multiple-Give-Potion-options-in-the-social-men...

I noticed when traveling to the secret lab with a sim with some audio recordings that he had a Blackmail action for every recording in his inventory.

Edit: And an Administer Infection Vaccine for every vaccine in the inventory. This is clearly an overall consumables glitch.

Message 16 of 23 (1,517 Views)

Hero
@MercAB3 Yeah, I think so too. It's probably others as well but for now, I'll keep one thread per bugged interaction.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 17 of 23 (1,506 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

I didn't see this until I switched to playing a Strangerville Sim who is a Secret Agent. Nothing happens if I click on any of the blackmails in the menu. I haven't had any interactions with the Wishing Well and don't currently have the ability to blackmail anyone with a recording from the listening device, but do have "bugs" in inventory.

Screen Shot 2019-11-14 at 11.18.23 AM.jpg

Note: there are 3 issues in this screenshot.

1. Get water

2. Blackmail option on the vendor stand

3. He just got a massage and it did not alleviate his uncomfortable mood. (I'll have to play some more to see if this is a new issue. A massage usually helps.)

Message 18 of 23 (1,463 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hey!
Check your sims' inventory

Is there anything in his/her inventory related to unsolving the Strangerville mystery?

If so, try selling it

That should fix it!

Message 19 of 23 (1,442 Views)

★ Pro

@MojoIsAwesome wrote:

Hey!
Check your sims' inventory

Is there anything in his/her inventory related to unsolving the Strangerville mystery?

If so, try selling it

That should fix it!

This was it.

It's only the secret recording. You can sell them or if you have 15 items make a dossier. If you're playing the Secret Agent career you accumulate lots of "documents" and recordings. 

Screen Shot 2019-11-17 at 7.22.12 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2019-11-17 at 7.21.52 PM.jpg

Message 20 of 23 (1,388 Views)