[FIXED] [SE] Youth Festival Always Gives Kids No Blessing Sentiment

by orokkevalo

Original Post

Re: Youth Festival Always Gives Kids No Blessing Sentiment

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Could anyone experiencing this issue possibly share a save file where it's occurring? You can DM me the link to your save, thanks so much for the help!

Instructions for sending me your save file: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

EDIT by crinrict: Fixed link

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 11 of 27 (2,268 Views)

★★ Novice
@SimGuruNick This just happened to me do you still need one?
Message 12 of 27 (2,230 Views)

Problem with hurt sentiments from the festival of youth

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? most recent update
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? snowy escape, university, seasons, pets, city living, jungle game pack, parenthood, bowling, laundry, small pets, and camping game pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? bring a child to the festival of youth
What happens when the bug occurs? Everyone in my family blessed a child at the festival of youth, he got the moodlet for being blessed, and still got the hurt for not being blessed sentiment against everyone in the family, even those who did not attend festival
What do you expect to see? my child not gaining hurt sentiments against their family for an event that didn't happen
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. snowy escape

This glitched hurt sentiment turned into the deeply wounded sentiment to the extreme that as a child he cannot interact with a single family member without being completely miserable which is obviously very unrealistic for a child to hate its entire family to this extreme especially for something that didn't happen.

My child even originally had the positive sentiment about having fun at the festival of youth with his family members and after about a day it randomly became hurt.

Message 13 of 27 (2,211 Views)

★★ Guide
@orokkevalo I've got all the packs (except Spooky Stuff) and my game is up to date with updates (including the skin tone update.) This is a new save with no mods or CC.

I took my Simkid to the Youth festival. I'd had (in other saves) the problem with getting the "no blessing" moodlet so I made sure to have *both* parents bless the child. (I didn't get the Paper Kabuto though.) When he came home he was drawing and suddenly got the "no blessing" negative moodlet.

Unfortunately, I can't make RARs so it would be difficult to send a save. (I can open RARs, but I have 7-Zip which can only make Zips and its proprietary compressor.)
Message 14 of 27 (2,183 Views)

Hero
@KatAnubis Rar files are only necessary if you want to attach them to the post. If you upload them to google or one drive, zips should be fine.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 27 (2,180 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

It happened to me too, gave both kids (twins) blessings by each parent at the start, went home and they got the "no blessing".

So I realoaded the game prev. festival, I gave blessings to the kids at the start 11 a.m and then before it ended at 6:30 p.m and no bad sentiments.

Maybe it's related to the buff? Make sure they are renew before it ends?

I'm not sure if this could help others in here, but posted anyway.

Message 16 of 27 (2,166 Views)

★★ Guide
@SimGuruNick I sent a PM with a Google Drive link (which has the zip file in it, I hope. It's my first time using Google Drive. I don't have a way to do RAR files currently as I use 7-Zip which lets me read RAR but not compress to one.)

If you have any questions about the save, please don't hesitate to contact me.
Message 17 of 27 (2,130 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@DianucketheadI did it early in the festival and also at the very end. (And they each had a hat which they wore.) Unfortunately, they still arrived home hurt and angry. :-(

Message 18 of 27 (2,134 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [SE] Youth Festival Always Gives Kids No Blessing Sentiment

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I'm playing a vanilla game with no cc nor mods.

My male child has had consecutive 2-hour "Unblessed, Unloved" moodlets for the past four days.

Even though his mother and older brother gave him a blessing as soon as we got the festival notice, the child feels the "Didn't Receive Blessing at Festival of Youth" toward not only those two household members but even his toddler sister. 

Can toddlers even give their older siblings the blessing?

The boy becomes a teen sim-tomorrow so I'm hoping he'll outgrow the sentiment. *crosses fingers

Edited to add:

The child's parent and older brother had apologize for not giving the boy a blessing (even though they had blessed him, which is weird.)

But the negative moodlets & sentiments persisted, even after the child aged up to a teen (a week later) and then a young adult (a day later).

However, when his toddler sibling aged up to a child, she immediately apologized to him and his negative moodlet and sentiments vanished.

So my Festival of Youth problem is resolved for now.

I was surprised that the toddler ageing up and apologizing would be the final part of the solution.

Message 19 of 27 (2,033 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It happend to both my kids. But the sadness buff keeps coming back every day

Message 20 of 27 (1,876 Views)