Re: [OPEN] [SE] More than three active lifestyles

by Lavendela91

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

Yeah, I’m still salty about my super crunchy granola family with a merman conservationist who got Workaholic and the only way to get rid of it (until the mods worked) was to make him slack off and suck at his job. A conservationist who doesn’t care and only does the bare minimum?  ☹️  On the other hand, I want him to be able to take his family camping or to celebrate Winterfest without +3 tense panicky work withdrawal.  

I told myself he had a brief burnout period and got better after the lifestyle went away.

(He also had people person, active, and outdoorsy, if I recall correctly. His dad, another merman conservationist, somehow* got indoorsy and techie, so he was bored at work because there were no computers and it was outside! But workaholic is THE WORST I HATE IT SO MUCH.)

* Somehow: married a vampire without sun resistance.

Message 81 of 100 (1,287 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

I have 5 active  lifestyles and the 5th one is covering the lifestyles button the only way I can highlight lifestyles is by clicking the very right edge of the button but once I get a 6th lifestyle I dont think I'll be able to highlight the lifestyle button no more. I also found from experience its better to remove a lifestyle through the lifestyle coaching on either phone or computer. If you use the potion lifestyle-go-poof from the rewards store it will take it off the simology page but will still be active when you click the lifestyle button.

Message 82 of 100 (1,220 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@JDLgndI was going to report the exact same problem - thank you!

In addition, I know this is not really the right forum for it - but it seems to me that the negative moodlets associated with lifestyles are too severe and too frequent. This is *especially* true when there are more than three active lifestyles. My Sims are out of vacation time trying to keep up with their frequent vacation lifestyle and there's nothing I can do about the 'trapped inside' negative buff, since there is a blizzard outside and my Sims just immediately run back in when I try to send them out of doors. Also, why is my Sim bored 'No Action, No Fun'? Isn't rock-climbing (on the wall at the gym) exciting enough? Jeez!

Message 83 of 100 (1,139 Views)

★ Apprentice

My Sim also had the Single and Loving It lifestyle in progress even though she's married

Message 84 of 100 (1,114 Views)

★ Guide

Got the same issue today which is really annoying considering how long it has been since the first report of the bug.

There is even a mod to fix the issue and yet there is no official patch to fix it.

Message 85 of 100 (1,020 Views)

★★ Guide

Same thing here. It seems there is a mod listed in the "approved mods" list that address this issue, but I do not know if it still works:

https://modthesims.info/d/652243/se-3-lifestyles-fix.html

Message 86 of 100 (996 Views)

4th Lifestyle gained after Hotfix

★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.146.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to Gain Lifestyles?
What happens when the bug occurs? More than 3 lifestyles appear
What do you expect to see? 3 Lifestyles
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Hotfix

After the last hotfix I started a new game and just today received a 4th lifestyle on my sim. Don't know if this is caused from the previous patch or the more recent hotfix though. You obviously can't scroll on the lifestyles but you can make out that there are 4 from this pic. The 4th one received was actually the close knit one but the lifestyles rearrange themselves whenever I travel. I have MCCC installed but removed it just to check and the lifestyle remained.4th lifestyle.png

Message 87 of 100 (908 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I really hope they fix this soon I got so many lifestyles now there's no space left to click to view the lifestyles in detail.

Message 88 of 100 (836 Views)

★ Guide

Still an issue for me. I just now "manage" them by getting rid of some. Although the "workaholic" trait is a pain in the tush to get rid of. It keeps popping up.

Message 89 of 100 (825 Views)

Sims are getting more then 3 active lifestyles

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Polski
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.79.93.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Snowy Escape, Eco Lifestyle, Discover University, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get To Work, Dream Home Decorator, Parenthood, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Laundry Day, Cool Kitchen, Perfect Patio, Luxury Party
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? My Sims are normally getting lifestyles, but for some reason they are getting more then 3 of them active at once, making even UI freak out, like on screenshot.
What happens when the bug occurs? Getting more then 3 lifestyles active for some reason, also making UI glitchy.
What do you expect to see? Not getting more then 3 lifestyles.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Screenshot of bugged UI below.

Message 90 of 100 (771 Views)