Re: [OPEN] [SE] More than three active lifestyles

by dragonfluteyt

Original Post

Re: lifestyles bugged

★★★ Guide
@Gednaa I play on Xbox and my game automatically updates when there's an update. So does this mean I can switch Lifestyles off for now until they're fixed since I have the latest update or...? 😯
Message 51 of 100 (1,139 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@AprilTheSimmer96 You can with lifestyles off by unchecking the box. It's in Gameplay options>Gameplay and there's a box on the right called Lifestyles. Just click that off. If you have MCC installed it will still show in their profiles, but in my game it doesn't seem to be having any negative effects.

I do not work For EA, but I do like to help people if I can
Keep on simming and have fun!

Helping to keep The Sims Sim-ple.

Simandsimandsim

Message 52 of 100 (1,126 Views)

★ Guide

I just wanted to say I am also experiencing this bug. My sim now has 4 active lifestyles. 

—T

Message 53 of 100 (1,094 Views)

★ Guide
@AmandaSmith1221 Sounds like a typical day for me haha
Message 54 of 100 (1,083 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

I also have this bug.

1. The potion doesn't work; they don't drink it.  The lifestyle disappears from their Simology panel but if you click through to the Lifestyle panel it's still there.

2. They have more than three because it seems to be detecting the number in the Simology panel and ignoring the lifestyles I tried to remove.

3. I turned off Lifestyles completely in game options and was still getting popups about lifestyles being gained or at risk, ugh.  Imagine my joy when I was told that one of the lifestyles I tried to remove was at risk! (Workaholic; it's the worst.)  I had my Sim not do his WFH tasks one day and then sent him to work to slack off, chat with people, and generally do a terrible job.  MAN, that's so not the story I want to tell with this Sim, but also I don't want him to be +3 tense whenever he's not at the office. 

4. My Sim I WASN'T slacking off with got a "Panicky Work Withdrawal" +3 tense when she was actually doing all her work tasks!

Right now my strategy is to completely disable Lifestyles in saves that don't have them yet--that seems to work--and in this one, to try to cheat lifestyles I don't despise onto them and to make them suck at their jobs.  (I'm also testing some mods that are supposed to fix the problem.)  I bought Professional Slacker and Carefree to cope.  Because he has the Responsible reward trait, I have to pause whenever he goes to the office in order to change the "work hard" behavior that happens by default as a REWARD for that trait. 

<rant>GUYS.  Reward traits should not be life-crippling disabilities and punished!</rant>

I usually wait and let the team shake out the bugs before buying.  I should have done that this time.  Sims team, I love you and I love your game, but new packs are a bumpy ride.  I really want Paranormal Stuff--it looks like a lot of fun--and I'm afraid to buy it until some time has passed and you've had time to do bugfixes.

Message 55 of 100 (1,080 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

Thanks to @PrincessEm98 !  I downloaded the Bienchens Mods (Snowy Escape, removelifestylefix) and also TheTwelfthDoctor's 3+ Lifestyle Fix from ModTheSims.  These two resolved my "4 or 5 lifestyles including one you hate that you can't get rid of even after removing Lifestyles in game options!" issue.  (The forum doesn't let you link mods directly but Google is your friend.)

If you're willing to use mods, it might be worth a try.  If not, Carefree prevents tense moodlets and might help, depending on which one is "stuck."

Message 56 of 100 (1,059 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@xochiquetzl_xkvn I'm so thankful that you posted this and the devs will sit up and take notice. Reward Traits shouldn't impact performance. Well done on working out a fix and noticing all the glitches. Isn't this supposed to be a fun game? I like to work hard at it, but enjoy it at the same time, not sit with my head in my hands wondering what I can do to workaround the next problem. XP given for being so observant with your game. I'm playing get famous, so find giving base game the paranormal stuff a big problem and as you said "google is your friend". I am in the process of uninstalling Eco Lifestyle, as they rant on and on about it to each other, and this totally conflicts with Get Famous. I wish we were warned of the conflicts before we spent out cash on these packs and expansions. Anyway, have a nice day.
Message 57 of 100 (1,005 Views)

★ Guide

Me too.

my current sim has FIVE.

two contradict. Indoorsy and outdoor lover

—T

Message 58 of 100 (927 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I'm having a similar issue. But instead of gaining more than 3 lifestyles, My sims gain the negative effects of them, and it thinks sims have lifestyles they have never had and is completely bugged out. But I'm guessing we will have to wait a year at least before this is addressed.  

Message 59 of 100 (890 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I don't get how this was one of the main features of the pack and here we are almost 4 months later and they're still broken to the point of being pretty much worthless?

Message 60 of 100 (841 Views)