Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [SE] Excursion: Onsen Lot shows as generic Llama pic/ Breaks Game

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to work, Get Together, Dine Out, Snowy Escape, Stranger ville, Realm of Magic, Vampires, Eco Lifestyle, Get Famous, City Living, Discover University, Seasons
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Plan a mountain excursion by any means, I.e. Cell phone and scheduled calendar event
What happens when the bug occurs? When planning a mountain excursion by phone or calendar, location always shown as 'Generic' with grey llama. When selecting this directed back to main neighbourhood selection screen - when trying to select the specific sim involved with the Mountain Excursion I am redirected back to neighbourhood selection screen every time in an endless cycle. If I try to select a sim not involved with the Excursion, I am directed to an endless loading screen that crashes the game.
What do you expect to see? The Onsen Bathhouse offered as the starting location for the event, With ability to select start time and then the excursion should start at the Bathhouse.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Updated game on Origin on 30/05/2021, removed Basemental mods, , Sacrificial mods, Turbo Careers, SimDa dating, MC Command Center and UI Cheats Extension

Location only offered as 'Generic' with grey llama icon. If I proceed from here, when I select the sim going on the Mountain Excursion I am redirected back to the world selection menu. If I try to select this sim again, I am redirected back to the world selection menu every time. If I select a different sim who is not involved with the Mountain Excursion, this is followed by an endless loading screen that eventually crashes the whole game. 

Edit By Crinrict: Fixed Duplicate Template, adjusted title to fit, added tag

Message 3 of 395 (21,524 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can’t travel up mountain in Mt Komorebi

Hero

Mountain Climb Excursions now start instead of automatically canceling. Let's go conquer those climbs together!

Fixed in Patch 1.90.358/1.91

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

I do hope this fix is also for existing saves.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 395 of 395 (3,815 Views)

All Replies

mountain excursion

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons Get to work Snowy escape Vampires Island living Jungle adventure Get together
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure
What happens when the bug occurs? Whenever I have my sim plan the social event of a mountain excursion it leads me to a page for the location of the event and only gives me the option of “generic” and the image is of a grey llama. I am unable to make this event happen. I cannot figure out how to go on a mountain excursion. I think it has something to do with this error
What do you expect to see? It is supposed to give me the option of the bath house for the location and then I am supposed to be allow to go on the mountain excursion
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

image.jpg

Edit By Crinrict: Fixed Duplicate Template

Message 1 of 395 (20,588 Views)

Re: mountain excursion

[ Edited ]
Hero

Could you try if repairing the game works ?
1. Close the game
2. Right-Click on the game in Origin
3. Hit Repair game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 395 (20,564 Views)

Re: Snowy Escape Mountain Excursion Broken

★★★★★ Apprentice
@camillaanneismay NB. Planning the event by phone instead of the calendar produces exactly the same results - this is not a fix.
Message 4 of 395 (21,457 Views)

Hero
@camillaanneismay DId you try a game repair yet ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 395 (21,455 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict Hey Crin Standard smile yes we've tried a game repair and also tried removing all mods but the issue was still the same!
Message 6 of 395 (21,444 Views)

Hero
@camillaanneismay Did you edit anything about the Onsen ? Does it happen on a new save games (no mods) as well ? I tested my save and it's fine there.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 395 (21,413 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict I've only visited the Onsen in-game using the map with my sims, I haven't edited it in any way or entered Build mode or anything. I just tried a new save file with mods active - still generic location and llama icon. Then I removed the mods, restarted Origin and the entire game, started a new save file and still the same outcome, generic location and llama icon. I'm totally confused!
Message 8 of 395 (21,391 Views)

Hero
@camillaanneismay I'm unsure if the fix for the mac packs repair is actually in the Origin beta only still or not. Thought it was but maybe not so when you repair, do the packs get also repaired ? If not, could you opt in Origin beta and try again ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 395 (21,385 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Apprentice

I am having the same exact issue here. I made no changes to any of the existing lots. It has worked before, so I think it might be the newest update causing the issue?

Message 10 of 395 (21,346 Views)