Re: Sims 4 cottage living ingredient missing

by crinrict

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@flotsette1I'm not sure, but might have something to do with Crin not having as much time and wanting to step back a bit from bug reports. She's only handling bugs once they reach a certain "weight."
https://twitter.com/crinrict/status/1417064279413596162?s=19

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/PLEASE-READ-Information-Questions-about-the-bug-forum/m-p/6361...

Message 21 of 27 (1,141 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [SE] [CoL] Required Seaweed ingredient missing from game

★★★★ Novice

Well the only foods that I know of which requires seaweed came with Snowy Escape. If you don't have that pack, such foods wouldn't even be on your sims' menu

Message 22 of 27 (1,021 Views)

Re: Sims 4 cottage living help finding seaweed

★★★★★ Apprentice

There is a food stand that is hidden in the catalog called the ready set go shack (or something similar) that only shows up during the fishing tournament in onalihi town (forgive spelling) which is Saturdays in game I believe. That is probably the one that has the seaweed ingredient you can buy but I have yet to test it in game. 

Regardless it is probably a bug that items from snowy escape require having island living and I have dropped a me too.

Message 23 of 27 (958 Views)

Champion

For anyone who uses mods, there appear to be a variety of mod workarounds for this now - some provide the seaweed, while others replace the required ingredient.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 24 of 27 (909 Views)

★ Guide

Related, but I noticed that some of the Snowy Escape recipes also require wasabi, which I think is only available if you have the City Living pack? Jeez.

Message 25 of 27 (588 Views)

Hero
@undiluted Since this is on the laundry list and will probably be fixed soonish, please create a new thread for the wasabi

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 26 of 27 (545 Views)

Hero

Living in the Simple Living Challenge can be rewarding, except when you can’t eat your Onigiri, Seaweed Ramen, and Avocado Maki Rolls. Our designers decided that Seaweed shouldn’t be the secret ingredient, so now you can make these dishes when living a simpler living.

Fixed in Patch 1.82.99/1.50

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 27 of 27 (497 Views)