Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [SD] Seasons and Spa Day Music Moodlets no longer working

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.69.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a tense or uncomfortable Sim listen to New Age music. Listen tp the Summer Strut and Winter Holiday music.
What happens when the bug occurs? Instead of the Focused "Chilled to New Age Music" mood and the soothing of negative moodlets they just get the "Great Tunes" moodlet. Seasonal music moodlets are not working either
What do you expect to see? I expect the New Age music to relieve negative moodlets. I expect to see the seasonal music moodlets as well.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Pre Tiny Living patch and Tiny Living

Summer Strut used to give a Confident moodlet. Winter Holiday gave a Playful moodlet. They only give a Great Tunes moodlet, now.

This is what I expect to see when my Sims listen to New Age music. Along with the alleviation of tense or uncomfortable moodlets. 

EPADLulWoAAvz7P.jpg

I've played through several households and only seem to get the "Great Tunes" moodlet. 

New Age music has been working to relive stress and discomfort and give a focused moodlet since the release of Spa Day.

It has not always given the "Focused" moodlet (depends on the Fun level), but it has always worked to relax and relive negative moodlets. There are exceptions, like being eaten by a Cow Plant or attacked by a Vampire, but mostly it's just worked.

Adding: Tested in a new vanilla game. New Age music only gives the "Great Tunes" moodlet. Formally relived the "uncomfortable" moodlet from eating Fruitcake, but no longer does this. Frown

Message 1 of 5 (1,614 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [SD] Seasons and Spa Day Music Moodlets no longer working

Hero

● New Age Radio Station has changed conditions in which it gives the Focused Moodlet, Sims must already be listening to the New Age Station. Moodlets will be awarded only if Sims are explicitly told to Listen to the station. Just having it on in the background will not award the moodlet.
● Summer Strut and Winter Holiday Radio Stations have changed conditions in which they will award related Moodlets. Summer Strut will do so only during the Summer and Winter Holiday during the Winter. Moodlets will be awarded only if Sims are explicitly told to Listen to the station. Just having it on in the background will not award the moodlet.

Fixed in Patch 1.65.70/ 1.29

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 5 of 5 (1,263 Views)

All Replies

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [SD] "Chilled to New Age Music " no longer working

★ Pro

Tried again, because... New Age music had been great for Magical mishaps and DU discomfort. Now it's broken.

Eat Fruitcake. Listen to New Age music. Great Tunes but not Tranquil Music. No relief from uncomfortable moodlet.

Screen Shot 2020-02-17 at 1.31.01 PM.jpeg

Screen Shot 2020-02-17 at 1.31.34 PM.jpeg

Screen Shot 2020-02-17 at 1.31.10 PM.jpeg

Message 2 of 5 (1,500 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [SD] "Chilled to New Age Music " no longer working

★ Pro

Just note: This is still broken.

Message 3 of 5 (1,436 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1210
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim listen to New Age/Seasonal radio stations for the buffs.
What happens when the bug occurs? Instead of the Focused "Chilled to New Age Music" they just get the "Great Tunes" moodlet. Seasonal music moodlets are not working either.
What do you expect to see? I expect the New Age music and Seasonal music to give Focused/Playful buffs.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? I am not sure, though it used to work before, but can't recall anymore when it didn't anymore.
Please describe the patch or change you made. Can't recall anymore, it hasn't worked in a while and I patched several times without playing in between.
MAC specs:

macOS Catalina version 10.15.4

Macbook Pro Retina 15'' Late 2013

2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7

8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

Tried this on several save files after I got reminded of this bug on the forums, none give the moodlet I'm expecting to get.

EDIT by Crinrict: Fixed formatting

Message 4 of 5 (1,316 Views)

Hero

● New Age Radio Station has changed conditions in which it gives the Focused Moodlet, Sims must already be listening to the New Age Station. Moodlets will be awarded only if Sims are explicitly told to Listen to the station. Just having it on in the background will not award the moodlet.
● Summer Strut and Winter Holiday Radio Stations have changed conditions in which they will award related Moodlets. Summer Strut will do so only during the Summer and Winter Holiday during the Winter. Moodlets will be awarded only if Sims are explicitly told to Listen to the station. Just having it on in the background will not award the moodlet.

Fixed in Patch 1.65.70/ 1.29

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 5 (1,264 Views)