Original Post

Re: [S] Children/Teens Unable to Attend School

Hero

Hi @finalgrl

merged your post with existing thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 31 of 79 (1,117 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Hi, I have the same problem at this right moment. It happened after the bug I posted before (the one in which the holiday disappeared when I traveled to a community lot). Maybe because the holiday never 'officially' ended, because it just disappeared, the save keeps thinking it's still that holiday?

Message 32 of 79 (1,093 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I sure hope they will fix this, because constantly disabling the pack and putting all my seasons stuff back after enabling it again (I hardly use any other furniture than seasons'), is not a great solution to me. :D

And will you lose all badge progress from the scouts when you do this? That would be awful.

Message 33 of 79 (1,090 Views)

Hero

Hi @MissyBojangles

are you using any mods in your game ? Cause of the holiday box issue ? You never really got back to me on that.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 34 of 79 (1,083 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I'm sorry but I'm not sure what you mean by holiday 'box'? Like the box on the top left of the screen which tells you which goals you have completed? In that case, I'm really not sure what would cause that. Occasionally I get a last exception note (see attachment, not sure if that would be useful) that says something about a 'holiday drama node'. I don't understand any of that, of course, but I figured it might have something to do with this bug.

I only use cc (only clothes and hairstyle) and I haven't tried to do this again while disabling cc, because I don't feel like going through all this again (the disappearing holiday, nobody being able to attend work/class, disabling seasons (which I tried now, and which worked for me), turning it back 'on' and seeing that three out of three sims kids DID lose their entire scouting career (and with that their progress), while this was not the played household during the short period in which I disabled seasons).

So it would be good to know that if you disable and after that enable seasons, only the household you play with during disabling loses all build/buy/cas items (previously played households won't), but these other (previously) played households WILL lose their scouting career and progress, even if they're not played with when you have seasons disabled.

Message 35 of 79 (1,077 Views)

Hero

yeah, mean your post here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-GAME-CORRUPTION-S-Holiday-box-not-appearing/m-p/69... (had merged your post)

Did you ever use MCCC on that save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 36 of 79 (1,070 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I tried it once but didn't like it so deleted it and never used it again. So yes, I did use it on that save.

Message 37 of 79 (1,049 Views)

Hero
OK. Thanks. There was some new info surfacing today but I'm really unsure what's going on.

If you get that again on a save that never saw any mods, feel free to come back.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 38 of 79 (1,043 Views)

Can't Send My Child Sim To School (Says It's A Holiday)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? The Latest One
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Send child sim to school
What happens when the bug occurs? They don't go to school (says it's a holiday)
What do you expect to see? My sim to go t oschool
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? The Latest One
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Send child sim to school
What happens when the bug occurs? They don't go to school (says it's a holiday)
What do you expect to see? My sim to go t oschool
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Message 39 of 79 (1,028 Views)

Re: Can't Send My Child Sim To School (Says It's A Holiday)

Hero

Hi @Megara1993

merged your post with exiting thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 40 of 79 (1,004 Views)