Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [S] Twin toddlers/children don't have birthday on the same day

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Check calendar.
What happens when the bug occurs? Toddler age changed, twins had same birthday now have birthdays a week apart/will age up different days.
What do you expect to see? Age remaining same.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installed Seasons and newest patch.

Installed seasons into my existing game. Family I've been playing for year+ has twins who are toddlers. They were previously both the same age. After installing seasons and viewing the calendar I see the birthdays have been added to calendar with the twins on separate weeks entirely. I'm upset they are no longer seen as 'twins', even though I can just manually age up the other twin at same time I'm not sure why the age would randomly change upon install. Is this a bug or just a result of randomly inserting birthdays? 

Message 1 of 9 (5,825 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [S] Twin toddlers/children don't have birthday on the same day

Hero

• Twins that are born from this point forward will now share the same birthday.

Fixed in Patch 1.47.49

As I understand the notes, existing twins with off-birthdays won't be fixed. This is just for new ones.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 8 of 9 (5,144 Views)

All Replies

Re: Seasons changed birthdays?

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I recognized the same thing with my twin toddlers birthdays! But I simply aged them up on the same day.

I am not sure if only one Sim can celebrate her/his birthday on one day or if there is the possibility to have two birthdays on the same day. But I believe that this is not a real bug and that it is intended.

Anyway: It would be better to have the possibility to celebrate multiple birthdays on one day.

Message 2 of 9 (5,737 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I found out that babies can celebrate their birthdays on the same day!

Update:
The babies became toddlers now. And ... both birthdays are shown on the same day. Maybe it was just a temporary bug?

Message 3 of 9 (5,718 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

I have tested this and can duplicate.

For me, I had twin babies. They had their birthday at the same day. I aged them up .. now they don't

My kids twins were also affected

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 9 (5,687 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Thank you for confirming this is a bug, I was going crazy. I knew it was possible to share a birthday so just couldn't fathom why they were no longer aging up the same day. 

Message 5 of 9 (5,638 Views)

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 9 (5,581 Views)

★★ Apprentice

This happened on my Seven Toddler Challenge save file after I installed Seasons. It doesn't really matter to me since I already completed the challenge and I just went back to it to the old save to see how the toddlers would do as children, but yes, as toddlers all their birthdays were on the same day, and now they're all on different days, one right after the other.

Message 7 of 9 (5,406 Views)

Hero

• Twins that are born from this point forward will now share the same birthday.

Fixed in Patch 1.47.49

As I understand the notes, existing twins with off-birthdays won't be fixed. This is just for new ones.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 9 (5,145 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Happy this is fixed but wish it could fix existing ones too! Thanks for update, @crinrict Standard smile

Message 9 of 9 (5,135 Views)