[FIXED] [S] Toddler Queues Run Inside from Blizzard When already inside

by Iyasenu

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [S] Toddler Queues Run Inside from Blizzard When already insid

★★ Guide

I'm starting to figure this one out. The bug occurs as the toddler is being put down by their parent. In that instant, the buff "buff_Sim_Weather_Rain_RunInside" is applied to the Toddler temporarily, and the Toddler gets the "What Am I Doing Out Here?" moodlet. The buff and moodlet go away when the Toddler is actually on the bed, but by that point the Toddler is already primed to queue the interaction. In testing I found the buff is applied when setting the Toddler down on couches as well, but it goes away quickly enough that they don't queue "Run Inside". The buff is applied when setting them in High Chairs as well, but instead of  "Run Inside", the Toddler may start crying which causes a "Check Toddler" interaction for nearby adults.

A reliable workaround for the "Read to Sleep" issue is to have the toddler already sitting on the bed.

Message 31 of 34 (554 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [S] Toddler Queues Run Inside from Blizzard When already insid

★★ Guide

I now have a mod that "fixes" this published on my Tumblr. Check out thefreshsims, and look in the #mymods tag. It doesn't stop Toddlers from thinking they are outside, but it will prevent them from running away.

Message 32 of 34 (542 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Just had this happen with the "read to bed" version on two different toddlers being put to bed in the same room, during a thunderstorm. There some kind of glitch right as the adult sim sits down on the bed, that pushes the toddler through the wall as if the adult sitting down forces them out of the way; the walls are on the left sides of the bed when viewed by the toddler sitting on it ready to be read to and I haven't tried moving the beds yet. One toddler gets pushed just outside, the other one gets pushed just into the living room. Both toddlers slide back to be sitting on their respective beds a moment later, but the "run inside" action is queued as soon as they get pushed. Trying to cancel the action, sometimes I do it fast enough the toddler gets back in the bed and gets read to, but I have to cancel the action really fast in order for that to happen. Cancelling it too slow has led both the adult and toddler out into the living room where I think they were going to read the book somehow but I didn't follow the entire path and just cancelled everything and sent them back to try "read to bed" again.

If it matters, the toddlers are spellcasters with the Ancient bloodline, their father is a spellcaster with the Strong bloodline, and the other adult is an unrelated vampire who is a caregiver to both toddlers. The vampire is a 5 star celebrity and nobody else has any fame in the house.

Edit: Okay, the toddler bed not being beside any walls or other objects makes "read to sleep" work properly and there is no push-glitch when the adult sits down on the bed. I wonder if a high chair set by a wall causes a problem too? I generally don't use high chairs; editing this again to say a high chair with a wall at its back worked fine for me in a quick test.

Message 33 of 34 (445 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [S] Outside seasons activity happening inside

Hero

Toddlers who are inside during a blizzard and in a high chair no longer want to Run Inside, so their caretakers won’t take them out of the chair prematurely. You are safe little one; you are safe.

Fixed in Patch 1.68.154/ 1.33

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 34 of 34 (2,401 Views)