Re: [TO TEST] [S] Toddler Queues Run Inside from Blizzard When Put In Highchair

by bookmaster325

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [S] Outside seasons activity happening inside

Champion (Retired)

Queue to "Run Inside" during storms is not limited to toddlers. My YA Sim does this when in a basement. His main living space is the basement. He cannot even get outdoors.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 11 of 34 (2,064 Views)

★ Guide

Replace  blizzard with thunderstorm and highchair with being put to bed and that's my issue.  Toddler was exhausted too if that makes a difference. They do seem to behave oddly more often when they're exhausted.   Like the OP, the toddler hadn't even been taken outside on the way to his bed, just down a flight of stairs. 

Message 12 of 34 (1,994 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I just had this happen except with the high chair. I can’t have them eat at all on it or they run back inside even if they are inside so the action gets cancelled and the adults take him out and put him down. It’s a nightmare because I’ve had thunderstorms for 5 days in a row and my toddler almost got taken away! And mud puddles don’t appear but my sims slip indoors for some reason but random puddles do appear but I think it’s because of the wet dogs coming back inside after a rainstorm/thunderstorm. And I have roofs all over the place so there’s no way there’s a hole. And on top of that, during heatwaves, it says that my toddler is hot and needs to go inside, but everyone else is fine despite the adults being right next to the toddler.

Message 13 of 34 (1,956 Views)

★★★★ Guide
Same with the thunderstorms for me too. Although, I notice my toddlers do seem to get confused a lot, so I'm not surprised. (They often do the little head tilt which means they're trying to interact with something/some sim nearby). Ahh well.
Message 14 of 34 (1,947 Views)

Re: [S] Toddler Queues Run Inside from Blizzard When Put In Highchair

Hero

Toddlers will no longer attempt to queue up behavior to “Run Inside” during bad weather conditions if they’re already inside.

Fixed in Patch 1.51.75

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 34 (1,971 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I checked if this bug was fixed today after the update, and toddlers still queue up run inside as soon as they are put into a highchair during storms (thunderstorms). And when it’s raining heavily, the toddler will ask to be let out of the highchair immediately after being put into the highchair without the “run inside” action being queued up. I’ve noticed that when an adult sim starts to put a toddler into a highchair, the toddler  gets the “go home” icon on its face on the bottom of the screen, so maybe that’s why this bug occurs?

Message 16 of 34 (1,872 Views)

Hero

Thanks for checking.

Tagging some other folks that reported here

@Iyasenu  @bookmaster325  @SweetVeggieAmai  @SimTresa  @EuphorialQueen 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 17 of 34 (1,854 Views)

★★ Pro

I don't see how this is fixed, because I have a mod that stops this behavior and without it, I'm still seeing the queue to run inside when already indoors. With the mod in, that behavior doesn't happen.

The mod I use adds a test to check that the Sim's location is outside when they queue up to run indoors, and the original tuning doesn't include this location test.

This is the specific code that's missing:

<V t="location">
<U n="location">
<U n="location_tests">
<V n="is_outside" t="enabled" />
</U>
</U>
</V>

I'm curious to see what other people are experiencing post-patch.

Message 18 of 34 (1,838 Views)

Hero
Put this back to open.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 34 (1,802 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [S] Outside seasons activity happening inside

Champion (Retired)

@EuphorialQueen wrote:

Queue to "Run Inside" during storms is not limited to toddlers. My YA Sim does this when in a basement. His main living space is the basement. He cannot even get outdoors.

This is still the case in my game. Sims of any age still get the 'running Sim' icon in their action queue during storms. They can even have been indoors before the storm starts. I looked at the structure to be sure nothing was open to expose them to any kind of weather. In the case of basements there is the house directly above and yet they "run inside" from the basement level.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 20 of 34 (1,798 Views)