Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [S] Thermostats don't work on community lots and in vacation rentals

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them except Vampires
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place a thermostat on a community lot or a vacation rental.
What happens when the bug occurs? All options for thermostats are grayed out. A pop up text says: "Power has been shut off, pay your bills." Yet, the community lot or vacation rental does have power on.
What do you expect to see? Thermostats should function properly on community lots and vacation rentals.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Message 1 of 7 (1,921 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [FIXED] [S] Thermostats don't work on community lots and in vacation rentals

Hero

• Thermostats now have their interactions available when placed on Commercial and Vacation lots.

Fixed in Patch 1.44.88

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 7 of 7 (1,671 Views)

All Replies

Re: Seasons: Thermostats don't work on community lots and in vacation rentals

★ Pro
Took my Sim family to GF for Winterfest. Found that thermostats don't work there. They had to wear their cold weather outfits inside the entire vacation. Sort of realistic and I would have been sort of ok with this, if I didn't' have to constantly change my Sims into their cold weather outfits.
Message 2 of 7 (1,864 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] [S] Thermostats don't work on community lots and in vacation renta

★★ Pro

The thermostats not working in Granite Falls is not realistic to me, because I've fixed up and/or rebuilt all the rental lots but one that's a campground into nice vacation homes. They all have fireplaces but those don't heat the whole house. It's a bit ridiculous to have a nice vacation home where the heating or cooling doesn't work right.

I can see not using a thermostat in the jungle, maybe, but that all depends on how your homes and other lots in Selvadorada are designed. In Granite Falls no central heating in winter when the homes are designed for it is irritating.

Thermostats not working in community lots also needs to be fixed. I assumed with the release of Seasons that the thermostat would be designed to work correctly for any lot. That it doesn't is a seriously frustrating oversight and it needs to be fixed. Why bother including the thermostat otherwise.

Message 3 of 7 (1,835 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] [S] Thermostats don't work on community lots and in vacation renta

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

This is indeed confusing. I believe that by design at least community lots are supposed to work without thermostats. I have tested some lots during frost and my Sims didn't get cold in bars, restaurants or even public outdoor pools when wearing formal dress or swimwear. They did get cold however in the fitness studio. Simmers at the forum have reported about mass deaths in front of fitness studios, so perhaps there is something wrong with this lot type. I will do further testing ...

PS: They also get cold in libraries.

Message 4 of 7 (1,771 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [S] Thermostats don't work on community lots and in vacation rentals

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 7 (1,731 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [S] Thermostats don't work on community lots and in vacation rentals

★★ Guide
This happened to me at Granite Falls in one of the rentals. My sims get the overheating moodlet while inside the rental and I have to change them into their hot clothes. I used the Free build cheat and added a thermostat but it says something about paying the bills and its greyed out.
Message 6 of 7 (1,696 Views)

Re: [FIXED] [S] Thermostats don't work on community lots and in vacation rentals

Hero

• Thermostats now have their interactions available when placed on Commercial and Vacation lots.

Fixed in Patch 1.44.88

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 7 (1,672 Views)