Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [S] Sing Together has no audio if CL is not installed

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Seasons Patch
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Together, Seasons, Spooky Stuff, Romantic Garden, Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat, Movie Hangout, Spa Day, Perfect Patio.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? During Winterfest, click on the holiday tree and select 'Sing Together'
What happens when the bug occurs? The Sims animate like they are singing, but no audio plays - They sing in silence and their mouth doesn't move.
What do you expect to see? Sims actually singing.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

The ‘sing together’ interaction doesn’t work properly for me. The Sims look like they are singing (with animations) but no voice audio plays, they’re completely silent.

I’ve tried this without mods and it’s the same issue.

Message 1 of 33 (1,829 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims4 Seasons Bug Singing

Hero

Fixed an issue where Sims voices could not be heard when Singing Together around a Holiday Tree if City Living was not installed.

Fixed in Patch 1.51.75

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 33 of 33 (1,589 Views)

All Replies

Re: Sing Together has no audio

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @Jonni08

moving this to tech for troubleshooting for now.

Does this happen with every song or just some of them ? Every Sim or maybe just a certain pitch ?

Does it only happen on the XMas tree or also if you click on the floor and choose it from there ?

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

You can attach the txt file to your post directly.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 33 (1,794 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Thanks for responding.

It happens on every song and every Sim, any age. I tried with a large group and just a few Sims, also just 2 Sims. It happens if I click the tree or the floor, or any other situation where Sing Together is available.

The only time hear them singing is when they autonomously sing to themselves or with another Sim directly.

All other voice audio clips seem to be working fine.

I've attached my DxDiag.

Kind regards.

Message 3 of 33 (1,788 Views)

Hero
Did you try repairing your game through Origin yet ?

Did you try a new save as well to see if it's a general issue or save game connected ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 33 (1,781 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Check the audio on your pc and see if you need speakers
Message 5 of 33 (1,768 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I have tried both repairing through Origin and trying a new save and the issue persists.

Message 6 of 33 (1,763 Views)

★★★★ Novice
As for checking if I need speakers, all other audio plays fine through my speakers...
Message 7 of 33 (1,762 Views)

Hero

HI @Jonni08

just see that I never followed up on you with this. Sorry about that.

Are you still having issues ?

If so, could you check if Nvidia has newer sound drivers ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 33 (1,715 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yes, still having this issue. I have tried with both headphones and my Dell speakers. I'm not sure why this one particular sound isn't working for me. I have updated nvidia drivers. Also still having this issue on the newest patch.

Message 9 of 33 (1,709 Views)

Hero
Just to be sure, they do sing if they sing alone, right ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 33 (1,699 Views)