Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [S] Sims mopping outside during rainstorms

by Ulfric_Grimbrand

Original Post

Re: [TO TEST] [S] Maids mopping outside during rainstorms

★ Guide

I have this too....annoying as hell...as is the constant hugging and kissing.

Message 11 of 37 (2,201 Views)

★★★ Novice
I am also having this problem with pretty much every sim, whether they are neat or not doesn't seem to matter. Always outside, in the rain, mopping up puddles... But only on tiles, not on the ground.
Message 12 of 37 (2,173 Views)

★★★★ Guide
I have this issue with all sims. When I select to mop puddle inside, they'll go outside 99% of the time to mop too.
Message 13 of 37 (2,161 Views)

★ Guide

I've had this happen also.  Nothing to do with the neat trait since the one i saw doing it last had 'goofball/cheerful/outgoing' traits.

Its happened since the seasons patch and since there's been rain.  Its not a big deal for me since i can disable that autonomy with MC Command center but its a weird thing to see a sim trying to clean up puddles outside in the rain.

Another weird thing with rain is umbrella's.  I notice if an NPC has an umbrella out during the rain and you are a vampire and try to drink blood from it, it will screw up your command.  It will make the NPC put umbrella away but cancel your action.  Then you have to be fast enough to reclick drink plasma before they pull their umbrella back out or you are out of luck and have to go through the whole cycle again.  Basically for some reason the umbrella is cancelling the action and makes you do it twice fast to bypass it.

Message 14 of 37 (2,139 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Guide

@Gooseyness

OFF TOPIC

I have my Vampires buy the Waterproof Trait as soon as they have 500 points to spend on it, then put their umbrella's away.  I also did a small personal mod to boost the gain from Plasma Fruit Salad with S4S, so I don't need to drink from another Sim to get filled.  Maybe it's time I added that to MTS for others, because I'm not sure what to do about NPC Sims and their umbrella's.

RETURN TO TOPIC

Message 15 of 37 (2,122 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Staff

Hi everyone!

Would any of you be willing to send your save files?  If so, instructions are here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

That would help us a lot!.

Thank you very much!         

Message 16 of 37 (2,056 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] [S] Maids mopping outside during rainstorms

★★★ Apprentice

it happens with my butler (no neat trait) and waiters at the restaurant. it's most problematic with the waiters because it means no one is being served, i ended up never opening the restaurant in rain/thunderstorms because i'd lose money from my mopstaff. 

i think there should be a check on rain/no before they have the autonomous mopping. so if it rains then they dont mop outside. 

Message 17 of 37 (1,994 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [S] Sims mopping outside during rainstorms

★ Guide

I have an 8-sim household and only 1 has the neat trait. ALL of them insisted on going outside to mop puddles during a thunderstorm. One got struck by lightning because I couldn't keep up. They even had the run inside action active (not just in the action queue) and were still outside trying to mop. This happens every time it rains across all saves, on vanilla game with no mods. It's easier to manage with smaller households, but with 8 it's particularly hard. I was able to assign other actions for them to do (I got one to cook dinner and the rest to watch TV). I don't think sims should even have the option to mop outside unless they have the erratic trait.

Message 18 of 37 (1,946 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Many of my sims mop outdoor puddles in the rain, but I've noticed they only do it in areas with any type of flooring outdoors. 

Message 19 of 37 (1,804 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I've noticed my sims and maids mopping outside in my fenced in area. I am thinking that perhaps it is because its fenced in and considered a room with the way Build is set up. 

Message 20 of 37 (1,779 Views)