Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [S] Sims jog in cold weather freezing themselves

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except MFPS
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have the game set in cold weather and watch people that pass by the neighborhood.
What happens when the bug occurs? Some sims will come by jogging but will be blue as an indication of freezing to death.
What do you expect to see? Sims to not jog in cold weather and possibly die.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I get annoyed by this because I have sims that I don't want dying yet just running around in skimpy clothing whilst blue at the verge of death.

Message 1 of 8 (2,639 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [S] Sims jog in cold weather freezing themselves

Hero

• Sims conducting athletic activity like basketball and jogging will no longer freeze to death. Sporting is once again safe.

Fixed in Patch 1.46.18

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 7 of 8 (2,514 Views)

All Replies

Re: [TO ADD] [S] Sims jog in cold weather freezing themselves

★★★★★ Apprentice

I see this all the time, although I've never seen a sim die from it.

For a solution though, I can't decide if it makes more sense for a sim to jog in winter clothes, the jog itself to warm up the sim so they don't turn blue, or for sims to just never jog in winter. Thinking

Message 2 of 8 (2,580 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I just had this happen last night while playing in San Myshuno. Two sims in the span of about 4 sim hours died. I was able to convince grim to save one but the other died of hypothermia right in the middle of the neighborhood. Both were wearing jogging gear, both were complete strangers. Weirdly it wasn't freezing outside, just cold, and the weather was clear.

Message 3 of 8 (2,551 Views)

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (2,533 Views)

★ Guide

My sim lives in the Spice District in San Myshuno and in winter I constantly saw sims turning blue while playing basketball. 

Message 5 of 8 (2,514 Views)

Hero

• Sims will no longer freeze to death while playing basketball in cold weather. One could say that as a result of their skillful play, they’re on fire.

Fix for the Basketball .. taking feedback on the jogging

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 8 (2,440 Views)

Hero

• Sims conducting athletic activity like basketball and jogging will no longer freeze to death. Sporting is once again safe.

Fixed in Patch 1.46.18

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 8 (2,515 Views)

Hero
Locking this thread as this particular issue was solved.

Please use this thread if you have Sims freezing to death after jogging: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-TEST-S-Joggers-freeze-to-death-when-they-stop-jogging/m-p/7...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 8 (2,179 Views)