Re: [OPEN] [S] Sims constantly open and close Umbrellas while they walk

by merin0307

Original Post

★★★★★ Apprentice

This issue is so annoying. It's been around since the expansion released. I had rotated away to then come back to my main household only for them to again have umbrellas. Of course they were in Granite Falls that you can't edit (to add the umbrella rack) to remove the umbrellas, so you are forced to deal with the buggy umbrellas. I never get an action in the queue to x out when they carry umbrellas. So they open and close the umbrella every other step wherever they went until it annoyed me so much I sent them home to put away the umbrellas for the nth time.

I also have issues with sims interacting with objects, like collecting or things they need their hands, bum or whole body for, as well as NPCs sims and active sims relating to the umbrellas. Today my active sim was supposed to woohoo with another sim from another active (but not right now) household who had an umbrella. The went to the observatory only to drop the queue and reset. The guy with the umbrella reset halfway into the observatory every time. My sim went in like usual but when he was to follow he reset the whole interaction because he couldn't put the umbrella away. 

Message 31 of 42 (1,826 Views)

★ Apprentice

Adding another "me, too" here, and I'm in the camp with those who are saying there was no way to cancel the action. My Sim was attempting to walk across the island with the Shipwreck and must have opened/closed his umbrella at least 25 times. I finally just had to travel away to his home lot, where I promptly got rid of the umbrella. Talk about an annoying bug!

Message 32 of 42 (1,724 Views)

Umbrellas when sims walk

★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? Newest, updated fully
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but parenthood and toddler stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Send your sim on a walk while it rains and try to have them do things during this walk. It should show that they walk a few steps open close umbrella and walk a few steps repeat
What happens when the bug occurs? The sum walks a bit with umbrella open, then closes, walks a bit, opens, closes. Takes forever to get anywhere
What do you expect to see? A walk with umbrella open the whole way. Or just not use it and we can chose if they use it
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

There's videos on twitter I haven't taken one myself but commented on twitter and was asked by the team to report it

Message 33 of 42 (1,702 Views)

Re: Umbrellas when sims walk

Hero

Sims will no longer obsessively open and close their umbrellas while walking to chat with another Sim.

Fixed in Patch 1.54.120

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 34 of 42 (7,574 Views)

★★ Novice

I had this happen today :/ I recorded it. 

Everything is up to date Raised eyebrow

Message 35 of 42 (1,529 Views)

Hero
@jessw89 As this was a fixed a few patches ago, it's best to create a new thread.

Thanks.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 36 of 42 (1,513 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@crinrict Was this patched on both console and PC or just PC? 

Message 37 of 42 (1,440 Views)

Hero
@tonycervera52 For both to my knowledge. There's only like 2-3 bugs that haven't been patched for console.

If you still see this, create a new thread please.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 38 of 42 (1,411 Views)

Re: [FIXED] [S] Sims constantly open and close Umbrellas while they walk

★★★★★ Newbie

hi this issue seems to be back again since the new update for horse ranch came out my sims are doing the same thing as in the ordinal post.

Message 39 of 42 (691 Views)

Re: [FIXED] [S] Sims constantly open and close Umbrellas while they walk

★ Guide

Yes, it's back.

Message 40 of 42 (681 Views)