Re: [OPEN] [S] Sims change into cold weather clothes inside

by nbfx666

Original Post

★★★ Apprentice
@Psychotps This is happening to me too. The build where it's most noticeable is called "The Mushroom House" and it's on the gallery under the name SimsLovinLycan. (Note: Due to the stair update last year, you may need to re-orient the stairs in the mushroom stalks or activate the Move Objects cheat, since the stairs I used no longer seem to be able to be placed overlapping each other by default.) You'll see it every time a sim that is not a vampire goes either up or down between the rooms in the mushroom caps and the underground rooms in the "roots" of the building.
Message 11 of 22 (1,524 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm starting to think that this is an issue that EA is going to ignore since the Sims 4 is coming up on it's last leg. My sims constantly change in to there winter clothes and I notices when downstairs. I have thermostats on all floors and it doesn't help. For now I've just added additional everyday outfits to under the cold weather category so it's not so distracting. So frustrating!!

Message 12 of 22 (1,449 Views)

★ Novice
  1. Have u found any solution to this psychotps?? I thought it was just my game as most people play on PCI play it on PS4 and I can’t do a lot of things PC users can, but it drives me NUTS when my sims constantly change into their cold clothes inside, too much laundry😝
Message 13 of 22 (1,371 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I've noticed this happening a lot too, particularly every time my sims go into their basement, even though the first section of the basement is beneath the living room, not beneath an unsheltered area or anything, which I thought might have been the issue. 

Message 14 of 22 (1,336 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I am also experiencing this issue. I play on PlayStation. If you play the Goth Household, Ophelia Villa in Willow Creek, Alexander's room (default build, third floor) is prolific for this issue.

Message 15 of 22 (1,303 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@nbfx666 Not really found a solution. Originally when I posted this, it ONLY occurred on two-story houses. They would switch to cold weather clothes before going downstairs. It ALWAYS happened but only on two-story houses. So, I spent better part of a year only playing single-story houses and it never happened since.

I've since started playing two-story houses again and so far it hasn't reoccurred. But I also have several mods that control things, like LittleMsSam's "Change into everyday when inside" and "automatic thermostat"... thing is, I had those mods back then too and they never fixed the problem.

Mods have been updated several times since, and it's not happening now, so I don't know if the mods are now fixing it or EA fixed it... All I know is with the mods in, game seems to be fine, so I'm not gonna push things by removing them.
Message 16 of 22 (1,292 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Having the same issue. I have the "1 Torendi Tower Penthouse" home with a thermoset on the first floor, set to warm.

There is no negative cold emotes happening. They all have the "Central Heating" emote but still wear winter clothes on load.

A frustrating bug because I have to keep changing their outfits.

Message 17 of 22 (1,216 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

This has been happening to me since I purchased Seasons, so around two years. My sims constantly have winter clothes on indoors, After returning from CAS/Manage Worlds, getting out of the shower, and loading up my save. I do use cc, but only hair, eyes and some neckwear so i doubt it has anything to do with that, esp where this is a pretty well known bug. My sims also never bother changing back to their normal everyday wear after returning inside. It may have gotten somewhat worse since the no shoe rule was introduced in SE, but i can't say for sure. This has been a bug for a long while though.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that my sims also get home from work in their work uniform and will not change into cold weather OR hot weather clothing upon entering my lot until they go inside and back out again. unsure if this is a bug or a feature

Message 18 of 22 (1,183 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@Psychotps I just have started to get this bug, my sims are not even cold. Only mine is also with one story houses too
Message 19 of 22 (1,065 Views)

Hero

Sims were changing into their cold weather gear… while not in cold weather? We had
some conversations with Sims and even though they love their winter outfits, dressing up
in full winter gear in the summer was probably not the wisest choice. So the issue in
which Sims randomly would change into their winter outfits while not in winter is solved.

Fixed in Patch 1.77.131/1.44

@Psychotps since the patch notes talk about cold weather only and not about wearing them inside, could I get some feedback from you if you still have issues with this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 20 of 22 (963 Views)