[FIXED] [S] Sims cannot complete Improve Skill tradition

by shadedgrey63

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [S] Sims cannot complete Improve Skill tradition

★★ Guide

I've had this happen to me with the child skills. New Skill Day happened to pop up on one of my skill-building days, but neither of my twins got the tradition fulfilled as they ranked up in child skills. However, when they leveled an adult skill they unlocked (by hitting level 10 in a skill), it counted.

Message 21 of 35 (1,052 Views)

★ Pro
@Bra1nBlast3d And the one skill where it worked was Acting, right? All other skills (minus toddler/hidden) only count when reaching level 2-5.
Message 22 of 35 (1,028 Views)

★★ Guide
@kusurusu Nope - it was any of the skills unlocked by maxing child skills.
Message 23 of 35 (1,015 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [S] Sims cannot complete Improve Skill tradition

★★★★ Apprentice

Wanted to chime in that since the beginning, this has been happening to me too. From my experience, the "improve an existing skill" is what won't register.

• I will always try to have a sim work on a high-level skill, but when they level up, no holiday "credit" is given
  • but when I have them work on a new skill, I always get credit when moving to level 2
  • (it might also work on a started, but low-level skill, like moving from level 2 to level 3, but I can't remember offhand)
  • I don't have Vampires; I only have human sims

Message 24 of 35 (969 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@apincas : I think I was trying to improve an existing skill in my case, IIRC.
Message 25 of 35 (947 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@apincasIt says New skill day or existing skills.  I don't think EA has all the skills updated on it to trigger it.

I completed the Research & Debate skill from DU and that did not trigger the tradition.  I also completed a base game skill and that didn't trigger the tradition.

So both base game expanded skills don't trigger it.

Message 26 of 35 (902 Views)

★ Guide

I'm having this issue as well. Working on an existing skill doesn't fulfill the  tradition. Frown

Message 27 of 35 (880 Views)

★★★★ Pro

What level was the skill you were trying to improve? I know in the past this only work for low or skills that were lower levels (ie 5 or lower).  When I do skills that are below level 4 and raise it a level it will complete the tradition for me.  

Best regards,

Jennifer

Message 28 of 35 (873 Views)

Completing Research & Debate does not count for New Skill Day

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.69.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City Living, Discover University, Get to Work, Island Living, Seasons, Dine Out, Parenthood, Spa Day, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Fitness Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff, Moschino Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have level 9 Research and Debate skill, and wait for New Skill Day to occur. Then, use a computer to write a research paper to reach level 10 Research and Debate
What happens when the bug occurs? The "learn new skill" tradition on New Skill Day is not completed by reaching level 10 Research and Debate
What do you expect to see? Reaching level 10 Research and Debate should count for tradition completion on New Skill Day
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

• It's not clear to me if this is unique to maxing out Research & Debate, or if it occurs at any level
  • It's also not clear to me if this is unique to writing research papers, or if it would have occured with any other action to raise Research & Debate
  • If relevant, the research paper was about Writing, which my sim has maxed out by way of Language & Literature distinguished degree with honors
  • I was able to complete the tradition with the same sim and a different base game skill (Fitness) soon after.
  • If relevant, the sim lives in an apartment
Message 29 of 35 (872 Views)

Re: Completing Research & Debate does not count for New Skill Day

★ Pro
@groenroos Most skills (except for acting) don't fulfill tradition when reaching level 6-10
Message 30 of 35 (843 Views)