Re: [OPEN] [S] Sims can't shower in the rain

by amoeller87

Original Post

Re: [S] Show in the Rain No Longer Works

Hero
@canelacaliente You have Eco now, right ? Could you confirm for me that you're back on the old bug now and this one only occurs without Eco ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 39 (3,331 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [S] Sims can't shower in the rain

★★ Pro
@Willowana Same here, but it happens on an "on-the-grid" lot as well. (in addition I have Moschino)
Message 12 of 39 (3,302 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

I play on PS4, and I don’t even have the “shower in rain” option when I click the ground.

EXPANSION: Get Famous, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Island Living, Discover University, Eco Lifestyle

GAME: Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Realm of Magic

STUFF: Tiny Living, Moschino, Laundry Day, Toddler, Fitness, Bowling Night, Vintage Glamour, Backyard, Kids Room, Romantic Garden, Movie Hangout, Spooky, Cool Kitchen, Perfect Patio, Luxury Party

FREE: Holiday Celebration, Ghoulish Guitar

Message 13 of 39 (3,284 Views)

★★★★ Novice

My game is current on all patches. No mods or cc.
My patch day m.o. is: move save & tray folders to desktop; delete localthumbcache.package file; run patch/install add on content; run repair game; put folders back in game. (then launch s3 and play in 3 instead of 4 Wink )

I do not have eco living, strangerville, moschino, or luxury party.

Current game is a fresh game.

Prior to the pre eco living patch on 6/3 my sims could shower in the rain both off the grid and on the grid in residential areas. Hadn't tried in commercial zones, don't like loading screens so seldom travel.

Now my sim living on lot Potter's Splay in Willow Creek, with the off the grid lot trait, can't shower in the rain. He just stands and does nothing. On a side note, my sim can no longer play in puddles either. Nor do any of the npc sims, and no one seems to be slipping and falling in mud puddles anymore. Then again I haven't seen any mud puddles form this game session either.

Here's a picture of him cloud watching because it shows how the puddles have been appearing in game since the patch.

06-20-20_10-19-02 AM.png

Message 14 of 39 (3,254 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I only have Seasons and Outdoor retreat, and my sims can not shower in the rain.   Just stand there with the umbrella over there head and nothing happens.

Get rid of umbrella, get 'em in the nude.... nothing happens, they just stand there getting wet.

Message 15 of 39 (3,159 Views)

★ Guide

My Sims are not able to shower in the rain either. It doesn't matter if I change the lot to go back on the grid or remain off the grid. If you click "Shower in the rain" your sim walks to that spot, then stops. Mo action is taken. Some mentioned Eco Living interfering with it, but I do not have that pack.

Another glitch that makes "Off the Grid" gameplay harder. Other glitches adding to this are: not being able to put out fires on "Off the Grid" lots and being unable to fix broken clotheslines. (If anyone could direct me to the posts that pertain to those issues, I would greatly appreciate it).

Message 16 of 39 (3,058 Views)

★★★★ Guide
Still see this in my game as of today. My sim showered in the rain autonomously while he was at a nightclub, although he stood there pixelated-- the hygiene did still go up.(I think the eco-footprint was normal? It was in an NPC neighborhood in WC)
Message 17 of 39 (3,011 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I have an Erratic sim whose un-coded quirk used to be that if it was raining, she was outside, showering. I typically play with full autonomy; this was of her own accord. It particularly amused me because the household was renting a cramped apartment in San Myshuno at the time, so her shower was everyone else's public sidewalk and would she please think of the children.

The same sim has stopped doing this, either autonomously or when instructed, in recent months. I describe the failure similarly to what others are saying. Sims will not shower in the rain autonomously in my game. If I order a sim to shower in the rain, they will go to the spot I indicated and stop. The action will then disappear from the queue.

Lot type and lot traits don't seem to matter. This failure occurs for other sims and in every world I have tried, including San Myshuno.

I sometimes play with mods that influence autonomy, but whether they have been used in a save doesn't seem to matter.

I don't have Eco Lifestyle or Outdoor Retreat.

[Edited: There was another comment here but I am not sure about it anymore.]

Message 18 of 39 (2,931 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Sims can now Shower in the Rain… Jury is still out on Singing and Dancing.

Fixed in Patch 1.69.57/ 1.35

There are two threads on shower in the rain and I'm not sure if they fixed both or just one.

Taking feedback if this is really fixed.

Looks like they partly fixed the other bug and not this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 19 of 39 (2,975 Views)

Re: Shower in rain

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I can't test this because I still can't shower in the rain after the update, whether in my ongoing saves or new games with new sims.

Game v1.69.57.1020 (PC, standard edition)

Mods: Mod folder removed, game repaired

Weathers: Rain, Heavy Rain, Thunderstorm

Tested both natural and machine-induced rain
Sim traits usually included Erratic and/or Loves the Outdoors

Testing sites: Rental lots in San Myshuno, Proprietor's Square in Windenburg

Edit: Tried deleting cache. No dice.

Edit: Tried using Lot Trait: Off-the-Grid. No dice.

Message 20 of 39 (2,888 Views)