Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [S] Sim stuck at Odd Job

by twoflyingsaucers

Original Post

Re: Odd Job Broke my Sim

★ Novice

Hi @crinrict I had the same issue and I used the cheat and it worked! I didn't need any mods or anything. Just wanted to let you know! Thank you!

Message 11 of 19 (964 Views)

★★★ Novice

I had this happen and the fix worked. Thank you

Message 12 of 19 (943 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I got this bug, but could not fix it with the remove career cheat. The sim in question did not leave for a gig when it was scheduled at the same time as her partner's acting gig (and I clicked "Join" when prompted about the partner's acting gig.) She then was unable to either go to the odd job or cancel it using the cancellation button. When she tried to cancel, she would get a notification saying that the client was disappointed in her flaky behavior, but the odd job was never actually canceled. She then went through an entire shift at her work, and still she was stuck at the odd job. She has also traveled to another lot, and still no fix.

Edit: I'm playing on a Mac, so this may be making a difference between whether or not the cheat fix above works.

Message 13 of 19 (906 Views)

Hero
@twoflyingsaucers Did you put testingcheats first ? Not sure if you also need the Allcheats mod.

If you are not opposed to mods you can also put in the SimsInfo mod from MTS and check if the odd job is still stuck.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 19 (868 Views)

★★★ Novice

I did turn testingcheats on at first before typing in the remove career code, but that did not fix the problem. I prefer to avoid mods, and feel like if this is still happening, and all that needs to cause this bug is to schedule an odd job at the same time as starting a shift in an interactive career, this should be addressed by EA directly, you know?

Message 15 of 19 (843 Views)

Hero
@twoflyingsaucers Well, they might still be bugged even if EA fixes the issue.

it's one of those problems where a fix doesn't necessarily fix existing issues.

It's meant as a workaround until we get a fix though

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 16 of 19 (811 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@crinrict Thank you so much for this fix! I had tried everything else and nothing worked.
Message 17 of 19 (724 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I was experiencing this issue with an odd job and used the Careers.remove_career oddJob cheat. 

Just wanted to pop in and say that this resolved my issue. The odd job was removed and she is no longer stuck with the "At Work" bug.

Message 18 of 19 (684 Views)

Hero

Odd Jobs no longer get stuck in a state where Inventory and Build Mode cannot be accessed.

Fixed in Patch 1.68.154/ 1.33

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 19 (4,192 Views)