Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [S] Scout Uniform appears has random texture

[ Edited ]
Hero

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Set your game settings for Sims to anything lower than Very High 2. Wait for a random scout walkby 3. Check the texture
What happens when the bug occurs? The Sims looks all shiny and has little windows all over (see picture in other posts)
What do you expect to see? Sim looking normal
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Island living patch

See above.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 55 (14,091 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: CC is making my sim patchy and shiny

[ Edited ]
Hero

Simmers playing with Low Graphics settings can now see improved textures when Sims are wearing Scout uniforms.

Fixed in Patch 1.58.63

Please make a new thread if you still have this issue for the scout uniform. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 49 of 55 (10,969 Views)

All Replies

Re: my sims have a weird light on them

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same problem!

Message 1 of 55 (14,768 Views)

Reflective white blocks on skin - to fix, set 'sim details' to 'very high'

★★★ Novice

Issue: sims with CC and some reported sims without CC have been showing up with reflective white blocks on their skin and sometimes clothing textures.

I don't know if this will help everyone but this worked for me—set your sim details graphics to "very high" and tick the box next to post-processing effects. I have uncompressed sim textures unticked. I don't know if the post-processing effects or uncompressed sim textures are contributing to the problem but having your sim details at the highest setting seems to help.

All other settings on my machine are at medium and high and didn't make any difference. Until a hotfix addresses the problem, spread the word  y'all. 

Message 2 of 55 (14,686 Views)

Re: Reflective white blocks on skin - to fix, set 'sim details' to 'very high'

Hero
@323rabbits Thanks for that info.

I merged your post with the master thread so we have all info in one place.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 3 of 55 (14,665 Views)

My teen sim has light spots on him since update

★ Guide

Platform:PC
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? everything except spooky and the party stuff packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know
What happens when the bug occurs? I created a new family in a current neighborhood save
What do you expect to see? I expect to see him look normal again
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It appeared after I installed the June 2019 patch.

The teen boy in the screenshot I attached is the one with the issue, It's also like this on his thumbnail and on him in the manage household window. I've seen the occasional issue on sim heads around their hairline, but this one is a first.

Message 4 of 55 (14,640 Views)

Re: Random Sims Have Texture Overlay

★ Guide

For me,  this only occurred for one sim in a brand new household that I created last night. He was fine until I put him into the scouts uniform. His girlfriend is in the scouts uniform too, but it didn't happen to her too. I have mods, but just game play ones. I repaired my game right after I updated because most of the time when I update I have to go out and repair the game anyway.
I guess I'll go back to sims 3 for a while.

Message 5 of 55 (14,845 Views)

Shiny sims

★ Novice

Platform:Mac
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansions = all , Game packs = all, Stuff packs = laundry day, kids room, luxury party, movie hangout, perfect patio, vintage glamour
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? To be honest idk but it happens to a townie
What happens when the bug occurs? I’ve seen a townie with with shiny squares appearing like a robot
What do you expect to see? What do you expect to see? Sims to appear non metallic and shiny
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Please describe the patch or change you made. The most recent that came out June 18 for island living, 1.52.100

Message 6 of 55 (14,893 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@323rabbits Thank you so much! that helped no more shiny white blocks all over.
Message 7 of 55 (14,834 Views)

★ Guide

So I decided to try something in my affected game before committing to the suggested process of a factory reset (which I've done before)
First I tried recreating the same sim (or as close as I could get to him) with the same traits and the same everyday clothes then I exited CAS and looked at the family portrait.
That didn't work, as the newly created sim had the same issue. 
So I went back into CAS and put different clothes on the affected sim. I still want him in a scouting outfit so I did as close as I could by putting him in a white polo shirt, green pants with the pockets, and the same shoes that he had on before. The belt is different and there's no tie but I don't care about those. The lines went away. I also tested a random outfit on him and the lines were not on him with that either.
Now I'm going to delete the second teen boy sim because this family had only one teen son.

Message 8 of 55 (14,820 Views)

Re: CC is making my sim patchy and shiny

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Been having this problem with my game until I went into game options, and changed reflections from low to medium, and sim details from high to very high Standard smile Now the problem is all gone!

Message 9 of 55 (14,775 Views)