Re: [OPEN] [S] Random holidays get cancelled immediatly

by Kayla_Elaine

Original Post

Re: [S] Pre-made "Surprise" Holidays not occurring

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@crinrictThank you, Crin, for the quick reply and for merging my post with the existing thread on this issue. I will click the Me Too button now that I am aware of this post.

I did try repairing my game through Origin but this did not correct the problem. I also tried changing the length of the seasons, in case it was something to do with the calendar, but this also did not correct the problem.

Just to reiterate, this bug is affecting all 8 of the random (or Surprise) holidays. They appear on the calendar but disappear at 6 am on the day they are scheduled to occur.

- Neighborhood Brawl
- New Skill Day
- Night on the Town
- Prank Day
- Rebate Day
- The Lottery
- Talk Like a Pirate Day
- TV Season Premiere

Message 11 of 39 (1,978 Views)

Holiday Events: Not Occurring/ Disappearing from Calendar

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All, to date.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Wait for the day of a holiday event, and when it comes time for it to occur, usually around 6am, it doesn't occur, and is immediately wiped from the calendar as well.
What happens when the bug occurs? The holiday event doesn't occur, and is wiped from the calendar afterwards.
What do you expect to see? The holiday event to occur.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Started to occur after I installed the University EP.

The issue seemed to mirror some of the issues as had cropped up in this thread under Technical Issues, unfortunately, the steps as outlined by crinrict didn't resolve the issues I'm encountering.

I did think it might have been a corrupt save, as I started a new save shortly after downloading the new EP, and then proceeded to check on a previous save to confirm, where holiday events had been occurring as expected prior to that. Unfortunately, the same issues occurred in my previous save, so it's not confined to one save.

This only seems to apply to game set holiday events, and not custom events, as I have attempted to replicate holiday events a day later than they were meant to transpire to examine the issue, and they have occurred without fail.

Message 12 of 39 (1,980 Views)

Re: Holiday Events: Not Occurring/ Disappearing from Calendar

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

My apologies. I've just found the thread dealing with this issue here. It does appear to be the more minor holidays that aren't occurring, although, I tend to play with the longer seasons, with each season lasting 28 days, so haven't actually arrived at the more prominent holiday events since installing University, like Harvestfest and Winterfest yet.

Message 13 of 39 (1,938 Views)

Hero
@rionachocroinin I'm merging your post. If it's not only random ones, let me know.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 39 (1,924 Views)

★ Novice
@crinrict I am also experiencing this problem as explain above with the minor events not occurring and disappearing from the calendar
Message 15 of 39 (1,812 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I am also having this issue.  I have tried a factory reset and only brought in my save game(no other files or folders) as well as a new save game.  It occurred both times as described above.

Message 16 of 39 (1,801 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I am experiencing this too. The lottery came up in my calendar, but when the actually lottery day came around, it had vanished from the calendar and my sims never got a notification that the holiday started.

Message 17 of 39 (1,791 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I am having a problem where my calendar and my weeks are out of sync. It is one day off I think. Old holidays pop up from yesterday. They are ones that I made myself, not the surprise holidays

Message 18 of 39 (1,751 Views)

★★★ Expert

All of the random holidays were working fine for me prior to the November patch, and now none of them are. Like others who have posted here, I see them on the calendar but they disappear at 6 am on the day they are scheduled to occur. No holiday interactions, nothing. I especially loved the Talk Like A Pirate Day. I would not say they were ever an essential part of my game-play, but I did enjoy the variety they brought. The four seasonal holidays and any custom holidays I have added still work fine, so I'm pretty happy about that.

The programmers at EA Maxis must have put a lot of time into creating these random holidays in the first place, so I really hope they can come up with a fix for this bug soon.

I've tested this on new, no-mod + cc-free game saves and even tried running the game repair option through Origin. The game repair did not fix it. If anyone has any suggestions on how to fix this, I'd be happy to give them a try. If it's already posted somewhere on this site, please reply with a link. Thanks!

Message 19 of 39 (1,701 Views)

★★★ Expert

The November 25th patch did not appear to fix this bug for me. I just did a quick test on a cc and mod-free game save. The Lottery holiday was showing on my calendar but disappeared on the day it was supposed to occur, with no holiday interactions. I know the patch notes did not mention any fixes for this bug (assuming EA is even working on a fix in the first place) but I was kinda hoping it would anyway. Still keeping my fingers crossed for the next patch.

Message 20 of 39 (1,659 Views)