Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [S] Random holidays get cancelled immediatly

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them apart from get famous, vampires, cats and dogs and magic
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When playing the calendar will show holidays that are coming up then on the day they disappear on the ones you can’t edit like skill day, lottery
What happens when the bug occurs? The holiday disappears and nothing announces in the top left hand corner
What do you expect to see? The announcement in the top left hand corner and it to appear on the calendar
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The November 2019 patch

Sims4

Message 1 of 39 (3,152 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: SIMS 4 - SEASONS CALENDAR

Hero

The Lottery Holiday is back in your calendars! It should not be a surprise disappearing act any longer.

Fixed in Patch 1.59.73

I hope it's all of them .. let me know if not.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 39 of 39 (3,117 Views)

All Replies

Re: Holidays

Hero
@dobby1607 To make sure I understand you right, in the calendar your current holidays that are supposed to happen are replaced with something else but those don't happen either ?

Does the same happen on a fresh save as well for testing to see if it's save game related or not.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 39 (3,122 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Yes tried new save and same thing happens, only works with the four main ones and when doing your own just the random ones like lottery or prank day.

Message 3 of 39 (3,110 Views)

Hero
@dobby1607 Oh, so lottery and prank are the ones that don't work ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 39 (3,094 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@crinrict Same issue with 'new skill day'. It was on the calendar, but disappeared when the day occurred. It's a brand-new save and I have no mods or cc.
Message 5 of 39 (3,081 Views)

★★ Guide

It occurs with any premade holiday that is randomly generated rather than set in stone on the calendar, I've seen the lottery, prank day, talk like a pirate day, new skill day, movie premiere, rebate day, night on the town all appear on my calendar as upcoming Holidays, but 6 am rolls around on the day its meant to happen and the holiday never starts.  Holidays players make work as expected, as do the central 4 holidays.  Even though sometimes I wish that they wouldn't, as they take up a day of term :P 

The only one I've not noticed/expected to happen was neighborhood brawl, but with the fact that all of the others of this type aren't working as expected, I would imagine it would be impacted too.

Message 6 of 39 (3,060 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [S] Random holidays get cancelled immediatly

★ Guide

I haven't played a lot or tested this extensively, but when the night on the town holiday came  around it didn't 'activate'. The day was just a normal day without a holiday.

I can also confirm that player made holidays seem to work just fine.

Message 7 of 39 (3,041 Views)

[S] Pre-made "Surprise" Holidays not occurring

★★★ Expert

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? PC 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? EP's - CD, CL, GT, S Game Packs - JA, OR, SD Stuff Packs - BNSP, PPSP
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Start a new game (no CC/Mods), set the season length to 28 days, and choose to start the game in any season. Check the calendar for next "Surprise" holiday. for my game it was the "TV Season Premiere" holiday, which was scheduled to occur about 3 days into the new game. On the day of the holiday, check to see if the holiday game-play interactions occur as normal.
What happens when the bug occurs? This bug is occurs during any of the 8 "Surprise" holidays. The "Surprise" holidays do show up on the calendar; however, on the day of the holiday the game-play and interactions do not appear. It seems like the holidays are being cancelled or deleted right at the moment they are scheduled to start (6 am on the day of the holiday).
What do you expect to see? I expect to see a holiday game-play window in the upper left corner of my screen and interaction options for my Sim to complete the holiday tasks. For example, on "The Lottery" holiday I expect the game-play window and an option for my Sim to purchase a Lottery ticket, and later have the lottery winner announced.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The November 12, 2019 game patch. The Surprise holidays were working fine prior to my installation of this patch.

Custom-made holidays I placed in the calendar seem to be working fine. The bug only seems to be affecting the 8 pre-made "Surprise" holidays. I will double-check on the 4 pre-made seasonal-specific holidays. I tried two different "new games" with two different starting locations (Willow Creek and Oasis Springs) with the bug occurring in both. I will try to shorten the season length setting to 14 days to see if this makes a difference. Thanks so much!

Message 8 of 39 (3,025 Views)

Re: [S] Pre-made "Surprise" Holidays not occurring

Hero
@RandomBuzziness Merged your post with existing thread on the issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 39 (3,005 Views)

Re: [S] Pre-made "Surprise" Holidays not occurring

★★★★★ Apprentice

Happening here too, all the random holidays (rebate day, talk like a pirate day, the lottery etc) even tho they show on the calender the sim day before, it never happens, and the calender placeholder has disappeared too (as in its not showing on the day), happened more than once now.

Message 10 of 39 (2,976 Views)