[FIXED] [S] Random NPCs enter/leave via fireplace

by anoses

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] [IL] : Unwanted House Guests

★★★ Novice

This happens ALL THE FREAKING TIME on the 50x50 lot.  Random sims like NPC Vendors and Paparazzi will just walk through your home.  It seems as if sometimes they are trying to leave the lot and use a path through the house to find an exit to the lot.  With my home, the fireplace is in a spot where sims will go through my house and then vanish by the fireplace.

This is extremely aggravating and has made me simply stop playing because of im sick of dealing with these stupid bugs that should have been worked out in testing.

Message 31 of 61 (2,647 Views)

Fireplaces spawning NPCs at Sulani residential lots

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Español
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but Laundry SP My first pet SP, Get Famous
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place a fireplace inside or outside a house at Sulani
What happens when the bug occurs? NPCs arrive as if the chimney was a door.
What do you expect to see? No "NPC's spawn" fireplace in residential lots, But please, do not breake Father Winter if you fix this. Thanks Standard smile
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After Island Living EP

NOTE: this bug is at the game since Seasons but before IL the fireplaces worked as doors ONLY at public lots. NPC's arrive and leave, it was not an issues if they wanted to emulate Father Winter. But now I assume that residential lots at Sulani are coded more "public" because of the friendly town feature, so the fireplaces behave as in Public Lots of all the other neighborhoods.

Edit: I mean to write Fireplaces, not chimneys. Sorry.

Message 32 of 61 (2,659 Views)

Re: chimneys spawning NPCs at Sulani residential lots

★★★ Apprentice

It looks like the vendors used my fireplace Harry Potter style for their work commute. So far, I only had food vendor spawn this way (and try routing out of the house and toward their shack ASAP) and sometimes travel this way "back home" - walk through my house, to the fireplace, and poof away.

Message 33 of 61 (2,629 Views)

Re: chimneys spawning NPCs at Sulani residential lots

★ Guide

After deleting the fireplaces they are not spawning anymore

Message 34 of 61 (2,608 Views)

Re: Enter through fireplace

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Worsin1971 I moved your post over. Sounds more like this issue. 

I've also changed the title of this issue a bit. Seems it's more than just vendors and there was actually an older report for this for guests leaving through the fireplace so it doesn't seem IL related either.

EDIT: Since this seems established as being an issue with fireplaces, I've merge an old thread we had on them into this one.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 35 of 61 (2,591 Views)

Re: Enter through fireplace

★★★ Novice

Well, I see 2 issues.

1 is that they leave through the fireplace and 1 is that they weren't invited inside in the first place.  These are random NPCs that wander inside or even spawn inside my house and THEN they leave through the fireplace.

Message 36 of 61 (2,537 Views)

Rude NPC VENDORS and Neighbors and more...

★★ Newbie

Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? newest update
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? With the Island Life game pack playing
What happens when the bug occurs? Random NPC vendors appear directly into my sims houses, they just appear or walk right through the door when i have it locked! Also, neighboring sims will walk through the front door and remain on the inside of the house to knock on the door, which is also creepy considering the door is also locked. I know this is alot already guys, but i am very upset about CAS, i went to do a few changes to my sims and it wouldn't allow me to change their age (said I couldn't edit pre-existing sims but i could always do it before) and it wouldn't allow me to change the details of the sim (ex. their body mass, edit their features etc.)
What do you expect to see? I expect neighbor sims to stay outside of my sims house to knock on the door, I also expect NPC food vendors to respect my sims privacy and not appear in their houses uninvited and lastly i love playing the sims most for not only the creativity but the ability to customize my sims the way i like it (despite how they may feel) I would appreciate being able to go back and fix any detail that may have changed when my sims have aged or maybe something i didn't like.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. For the NPC and neighbors rudeness i'm sure it came from the Island Pack but as for the CAS it might be also since its only started acting up a week or so since i've noticed it.

Please fix these issues, i don't have any videos or screenshots since i have yet to really learn how to do all that stuff (I'm rusty) but please look into these issues. My sims and I would appreciate it!

Message 37 of 61 (2,527 Views)

Re: Rude NPC VENDORS and Neighbors and more...

Hero
@kinousaxialover Do you have a fireplace ? If so, does it make any difference if you remove that ?

Merged your post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 38 of 61 (2,477 Views)

Re: Rude NPC VENDORS and Neighbors and more...

★★★★ Apprentice

Hi

It's been a few days of testing for me I am no longer sure I am on the same thread as I have had several bugs with this pack. I wanted to provide a further update from my testing of NPC's walking through lots with fireplaces in them when placed on the 50x50 lot next to Lani St.Taz and I think I can safely say that playing in a lot without fireplaces appears to have resolved my issue with this although I wouldn't like to think we can never again use fireplaces on a lot based on that location in future.  

As soon as I personally put builds back on that particular lot with fireplaces my issues with NPC's come back but it could be different for other players. 

If anyone would like to try this using the lot I have used for testing (and it's so beautiful I am keeping in the game for my own sims-) is Gallery hashtag origin name chinmaister house name of build Koa Home.

I am still testing re sims visiting constantly doing whatever they want and I am unable to ask them to leave/get rid of them so will be back with any further info if I manage to gain any. 

I hope this helps someone but especially want to thank @oslazul for pointing this out to me in the first instance:eahigh_file:

Message 39 of 61 (2,461 Views)

island living npc appears from fireplace

★★★★★ Apprentice

What is your current game version number? 1.50.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? ALL
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Occupy Reef Refine in Sulani. Place a fireplace in the house.
What happens when the bug occurs? Between 9 and 11 am (mon-fri), the NPC vendors will appear out of of the fireplace (one at a time) in a private residence and go to work at the stall on the island.
What do you expect to see? Anyone arriving on the island should land outside the property, not in it.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Please describe the patch or change you made. Bought Island Living, this does not happen anywhere else - I have fireplaces in several homes.

What is your current game version number? 1.50.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? ALL
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Occupy Reef Refine in Sulani. Place a fireplace in the house.
What happens when the bug occurs? Between 9 and 11 am (mon-fri), the NPC vendors will appear out of of the fireplace (one at a time) in a private residence and go to work at the stall on the island.
What do you expect to see? Anyone arriving on the island should land outside the property, not in it.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Please describe the patch or change you made. Bought Island Living, this does not happen anywhere else - I have fireplaces in several homes.

Message 40 of 61 (2,347 Views)