Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [S] Random NPCs enter/leave via fireplace

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions and packs almost all stuff packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Sulani-Lani St Taz Area 50x50 Empty Lot
What happens when the bug occurs? I have created a new house on that lot and i moved my current family to Sulani after moving the Vendors started using my house they are appearing on the third floor and they are going to their Vendor shop through my house on the end of their shift again they are entering my house and disappearing on the third floor.
What do you expect to see? They should choose another route for their work instead of appearing/disappearing inside of the house
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I am not sure if this started after the latest patch because i was waiting for Island Living so i am not sure if it is from the patch or Island Living

After installing Island Living i wanted to try the game and check the new world i decided to use my current family that i have on my old save before the latest patch. I wanted to use the 50x50 lot on the Lani St Taz area so i replaced my old house that i was using at Willow Creak on that lot after moving the house and my current family i have realized that the vendors instead of appearing outside of the lot they started appearing inside of my house. When the shift starts the Vendor appears on the third floor he or she is using the stairs to go outside and they are running to their shops at the end of their shift they are using the same route so they are returning to my house they are using the stairs and they are disappearing on the third floor Standard smile  

Message 7 of 61 (5,637 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [IL] Vendors Appears/Disappears Inside On The House

Hero

Vendors will no longer use your Sims’ fireplace as an imaginary portal to mysterious places.

Fixed in Patch 1.58.63

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 57 of 61 (4,679 Views)

All Replies

Sims left by fireplace

★ Apprentice

A sim had a club meetup at their home.  After the meetup all the sims on the lot left by the fireplace.  I guess the fireplace is now a portal to leave a lot?? 

P.S.   I have no cc or whatever.  

Message 1 of 61 (5,234 Views)

Re: Sims left by fireplace

Hero (Retired)
@meltron2
Well, this is quite a funny bug. If this bothers you, try to fix the game on Origin,
I don't work for EA . I'm only player who tries to help other players
Message 2 of 61 (5,225 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

Yeah, since the Seasons holidays hit, many Sims experiencing Winterfest have come to be Santa wannabes. Did they leave presents before they disappeared up the chimney? If not, don't worry about it too much; they may just need more practice. You might need to report it as a bug though if your roof caves in from the weight of all their reindeers.

(Sorry, I just couldn't resist. Some bugs really are game changers!)

Message 3 of 61 (5,101 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [GF] WardPark Sim Spawning point different to lot's heading ma

★★ Guide

I’m not sure if this counts, but I added a restaurant to this same lot and Sims were leaving via the fireplace. I don’t have a save to share unfortunately, as I experienced other problems in that save and ended up starting over. 

Message 4 of 61 (5,030 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [GF] WardPark Sim Spawning point different to lot's heading ma

Hero

Hi @Kita5399

don't think this is related to the thread you posted in so I've merged with this one in tech.

I think a proper bug report would be good though.

Just create a new thread in the bug forum.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 61 (5,012 Views)

Hero (Retired)
For me, this is a normal sims behavior now. Half of my Sim's guests leave his house by the fireplace. I rather enjoy it.
Message 6 of 61 (5,009 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] [IL] Vendors Appears/Disappears Inside On The House

EA Sims Team

Hello @anoses 

Are you able to see this issue with an empty Mods folder?

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 8 of 61 (5,575 Views)

★ Guide

So few things that i have tried after my message i tried to delete the third floor to check if the vendors will stop appearing inside on the house now they appearing on the second floor.I have created a new save file without any mods after repairing the game and they appeared again i have few screenshots from the new save without the mods

Message 9 of 61 (5,567 Views)

EA Sims Team

@anoses 

Thank you.  Would you be willing to share your save file?  If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file(s).  Instructions here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 10 of 61 (5,556 Views)