[FIXED] [S] Planning events using the calender not working

by elelunicy

Original Post

Re: [S] Planning future events using the calender not working for long-time save

★ Guide
I have a save file i've had for over a year, (100 baby challenge file).

I tried to schedule a birthday party for the next day, after I set it up it only gave me the option to have the birthday party right then.

season 7 days

haven't tried to schedule on a fresh save, I will and get back.
Message 21 of 69 (1,521 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [S] Planning events using the calender not working for long-time save

★★★★ Novice

I have the same problem. I'm going to fill out Crin's form.

Which issues happen to you (Event starting right away, Event not scheduling on the date you've chosen, other)

• My events schedule a week ahead of when I want them to.

How long have you been playing the save (approx) ?

• Maybe four weeks? I made it when Seasons was a announced because I wanted a fresh save.

How long did you set the seasons ? (7, 14, or 28 days) ?

• 7 Days.

Does a fresh save work for you ?

• I haven't tried a completely fresh one, but I started one after the latest patch and I did not have the issue in that save.

Which events do you have issues with ?

• House Party and Dinner Party.
Message 22 of 69 (1,511 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [S] Planning events using the calender not working for long-time save

★★ Guide

The event wants to start right away.
One save is about 2 weeks old, the other is only a few days old, from after the patch.
Seasons set to 14 days.
Event planning works as it should when started with a brand new save, but not with any of my existing ones.
It was a dinner party and I tried setting it to happen 2 days' time. Also tried a house party.

Message 23 of 69 (1,498 Views)

★ Novice

I have this problem too - so annoying when I've been playing Seasons for all of five minutes!

• Which issues happen to you (Event starting right away, Event not scheduling on the date you've chosen, other) - I tried to plan a wedding for the following day through the calendar, but it started right away
  • How long have you been playing the save (approx) ? - A month or two
  • How long did you set the seasons ? (7, 14, or 28 days) ? - I didn't change any settings since installing Seasons
  • Does a fresh save work for you ? - I haven't tried this yet
  • Which events do you have issues with ? - weddings
Message 24 of 69 (1,474 Views)

★★★ Novice

I''m having the same issue. 

• Which issues happen to you (Event starting right away, Event not scheduling on the date you've chosen, other)
    • event not scheduled on the correct day
  • How long have you been playing the save (approx) ?
    • about a month
  • How long did you set the seasons ? (7, 14, or 28 days) ?
    • 7 days
  • Does a fresh save work for you ?
    • Yes
  • Which events do you have issues with ?
    • all events 
Message 25 of 69 (1,457 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Also having this issue

• Which issues happen to you (Event starting right away, Event not scheduling on the date you've chosen, other)
    • Event on wrong day
  • How long have you been playing the save (approx) ?
    • 67 in game weeks, a year or so real time
  • How long did you set the seasons ? (7, 14, or 28 days) ?
    • 28 days also tried 7 days with the same result
  • Does a fresh save work for you ?
    • Yes
  • Which events do you have issues with ?
    • all events 

Also tried with and without mods and it didn't make a difference

Message 26 of 69 (1,430 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I am having the issue where when a holiday on the calendar is suppose to happen, nothing occurs. The game just acts as if it is a normal sim day. I had an event scheduled for that evening (since it was the winter holiday pre-set into the calendar) and when the event should've began I got a notice that the party was starting soon but no guests ever showed up.

My holiday system and event system don't work at all.

I have been playing this family for about 3 weeks now.

Message 27 of 69 (1,324 Views)

Re: [S] Planning future events using the calender not working for long-time save

★★★★ Novice
  • Which issues happen to you : Event starting right away
  • How long have you been playing the save (approx) : almost one month or more
  • How long did you set the seasons ? 14 days
  • Does a fresh save work for you ? Yes
  • Which events do you have issues with ? all

I'm really sad that it doesn't work with my favourite family Frown

Message 28 of 69 (1,295 Views)

Hero

Thanks for all the info

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 29 of 69 (1,290 Views)

★ Novice

I have a problem like this but when I try to open my calendar on Tuesday and only one day show up on the calendar and it was Sunday.

Message 30 of 69 (1,282 Views)