[FIXED] [S] Planning events using the calender not working

by elelunicy

Original Post

[BUG] After several sim weeks, the calendar gets buggy anyway

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Español
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just start a new game and play, after 3 o 4 weeks the calendar gets buggy again
What happens when the bug occurs? You can't plan an event on the day you picked
What do you expect to see? For example, if you pick monday, the calendar schedule the event on friday.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Ok, as all we know, the calendar can gets buggy on old saves. The solution for that was starting a new game, but after several sim weeks, the calendar gets buggy again. I have the same problem with picking one day and get the event planned on another. 

Message 41 of 69 (2,916 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [S] Planning events using the calender not working for long-time save

★ Guide

Even on new saves, after several sim weeks, the calendar get buggy again. 

Message 42 of 69 (2,900 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [S] Planning events using the calender not working for long-time save

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

I been playing an older save and for some reason I never noticed before because I been playing with holidays, however whenever I try to do a scheduled party it seems to want to put it in Summer or Spring.  is there something about the party goals that are broke during winter and fall?  I haven't tried house party, maybe I will try that.

Birthday party don't like Spring Winnie roast only likes Spring and Summer, and to top that off I don't know what is going on.  I will try house party.  All parties still behave that way, they show up 10 to 13 days ahead, I think it has to do with work schedules though for the events.

I am still trying to find a work around but the normal party stuff still works using the phone.

Edit: I forgot to say my season is set for 1 week.7 days.

Message 43 of 69 (2,854 Views)

Re: Seasons Calendar Event Planning Fail

★★★★ Novice
mine is doing the same thing!!
Message 44 of 69 (2,845 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [S] Planning events using the calender not working

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to create an event for a future date
What happens when the bug occurs? It schedules the event two days after the date I set it for
What do you expect to see? Have the event saved in the calendar on the day I want asked for
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No, completely vanilla saves.

So, the new calendar isn't working properly for me, I go to schedule my Sim's birthday party and all goes well until I press the final button, the event shows up two days after the date that I wanted it to be on. Have tried a number of times with the same result.

Message 45 of 69 (2,701 Views)

Re: [BUG] After several sim weeks, the calendar gets buggy anyway

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I'm having the same issue as everyone here except; when I set an event on the calendar, while playing a save that I have been playing since TS4 was released back in 2014, the event doesn't even show up on the calendar at all. I would go through the steps in planning the event and everything, picking the venue (which would be my Sims house), picking the host, inviting the guest and setting the time and everything. Nothing shows up on the calendar... not even a few days after or before. When I set a holiday for my old save, the Holiday works just fine as it should. When I go to a new and clean save, I'm able to set an event and holiday as it should with no problem and they both show up on the Calendar in the new and fresh save as they should.

Message 46 of 69 (2,652 Views)

★ Novice

I have this problem as well: when adding events to my calender, it places them later in the week, as opposed to on the day that I clicked. It is also misreading the holidays (I will select a day that is not a holiday, goaled events are locked as if it were). My sim had a baby, and the baby's birthday is marked for a week later in my calender, in the next season.

I have mods turned off, and 14 day seasons.

Message 47 of 69 (2,644 Views)

★★ Novice

When I first played seasons the menu came up asking me what season to play in, after that everything was fine until I started to actually play the game. I opened the calendar and it was completely empty. When I tried to plan an event or make a holiday it will freeze and not let me do either. Another issue I'm having is that when I go to world select the seasons aren't showing. So when it should be snowing it looks like summer. I'm beyond frustrated because I have yet to actually get to play because of these problems. Help!

Message 48 of 69 (2,625 Views)

Hero

Hi @hopestyles1

that sounds like a mod issue.

Are you using any mods/cc in your game ? And if so, did you check for updates that to work with seasons ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 49 of 69 (2,598 Views)

Re: [BUG] After several sim weeks, the calendar gets buggy anyway

★★ Apprentice

I had a similar issue on a new save file. I started a new game the day after Seasons came out and the calendar and event planning was working great till about 3 sim weeks in. When I went to plan a birthday party it would not set on the date I chose but a few days after. Thought it had something to do with the game having sim birthdays auto saved into the calendar and not wanting you to plan the birthday too soon before the actual date. I attempted it a few more times and it still would not set correctly so I just started the event by phone on the day I wanted.

Message 50 of 69 (2,581 Views)