[FIXED] [S] Planning events using the calender not working

by elelunicy

Original Post

Re: [S] Planning future events using the calender not working for long-time save

★ Guide
Me too.

* Event starts right away.
* I'm on my 6th generation of sims, with normal lifespan.
* 7 days, I haven't changed it.
* Fresh game worked fine
* All events.

Message 31 of 69 (1,642 Views)

Re: [S] Planning future events using the calender not working for long-time save

★★★★★ Novice

Same problem here with my long-term main save file.

• Which issues happen to you: Event starts straight away, not on chosen day/time.
  • How long have you been playing the save? Maybe a year - definitely long-term.
  • How long did you set the seasons? 7 days.
  • Does a fresh save work for you? Yes.
  • Which events do you have issues with? All events.

Hope this will get patched soon Disappointed

Message 32 of 69 (1,632 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [S] Planning events using the calender not working for long-time save

★★ Novice
I have been having this issue too. I set my seasons length to 14 days and when I tried to plan a spooky party event for spooky day (that was set on a Monday of the second week of fall) it placed the event on love day in the winter season, which I believe was set on Sunday of the second week in winter.
when I clicked on the event on love day, I could delete the event, but I thought it ironic how it wouldn't allow me to add an event because it was too far out in the calendar anyways. I was still however, successful in having a spooky party the day of the event as long as I went through the phone to do it.
But I'm not sure if the phone system for parties are working the way they should because it didn't ask me for a "time" when I set it up. It just did like it used to and started right away. Not sure if thats supposed to be that way or not. It also would allow me to make the event a gold event despite the fact that there was a holiday that day and the standard party task list wasn't going to be showing. So not sure if thats an issue or not, but it seemed to me that if you can't make it a gold party in the calendar you shouldn't be able to make it one through the phone either.
Im playing on a Mac desktop with Sierra OS. I used to have mods and removed all of them and any files related to them prior to playing and I have every single expansion, game pack, and stuff pack installed including the deluxe version of the sims.
Message 33 of 69 (1,591 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [S] Planning events using the calender not working for long-time save

★ Apprentice

Calendar will not let me schedule an event with any of my saved families.  It will only work with a new game. However I've been playing my saved family for a year and I do not want to start all over again. The holiday planning works perfectly but  i cant plan a bday, wedding, dance party, etc.. at all.

Message 34 of 69 (1,551 Views)

Sims 4 Seasons events don't work

★★★ Newbie

Tried planning events in advance using the new Sims 4 Seasons calendar. It's 8am in the game, and I'm trying to set up a dinner event @ 6pm, but when I click the check mark at the end, with selecting that I want it to start at 6pm, the game says that the event is starting now even though it is planned for later. Is there anything I'm not doing right or is the game buggy?

Message 35 of 69 (1,517 Views)

Events start immediately rather than later in the day

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except MFPS
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Install Seasons and go to the calendar. Start an event for the current day but for a later time.
What happens when the bug occurs? The event will start immediately (after a pop-up saying that it's about to begin and if we want to continue the party).
What do you expect to see? Events to start at the correct time.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

This is really annoying because I was going to have a Halloween party at 7 PM and the time was a little past 1 PM!

Message 36 of 69 (1,523 Views)

Re: Events start immediately rather than later in the day

★★★★ Novice

The event always starts immediately for me. Regardless of what day I have selected.

Message 37 of 69 (1,518 Views)

Re: Events start immediately rather than later in the day

Hero

@Hi_its_Nobody @kadd3rin

Merged your post with exiting thread on the issue

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 38 of 69 (1,486 Views)

Hero

Hi @kialove336

it's a known issue.

I've merged your post with exiting bug thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 39 of 69 (1,476 Views)

★ Novice

I have this same problem in my game Frown

Message 40 of 69 (1,378 Views)