Re: [TO ADD] [S] Planning events using the calender not working for long-time sa

by AbyArashi

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [S] Planning events using the calender not working

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play a long time save file (mine is 152 in-game weeks long) and try planning a future event using the calendar
What happens when the bug occurs? The event doesn't start on the correct day it's planned for
What do you expect to see? The event starts on the correct day it's planned for
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

So in my long time save (152 in-game weeks played) planning future events using the calendar doesn't work correctly. When I plan an event that's days away I'm often asked by the game to start the event immediately (and the event icon shows up on a day that's in the past). Other times the game registers the wrong day by like a week (for instance I planned an event for Friday of the next week but it shows up on Thursday of this week). Everything works correctly if I switched to playing one of the newer save files I have.

Message 1 of 69 (14,004 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [S] Planning events using the calender not working

Hero
  • Calendar events will now occur on the day for which you planned them, thus ending centuries of debate on the purpose of a calendar.
  • Player created events will now appear on the calendar as expected.
  • NOTE: As a result of some calendar improvements, the dates for some of your currently scheduled events MAY change, but this will only happen once.

Fixed in Patch 1.44.83

(hopefully, if not, let me know)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 65 of 69 (11,153 Views)

All Replies

Re: [S] Planning future events using the calender not working for long-time save

★★★ Novice

I've had this problem too. Tried to plan a birthday party for my sims birthday on sunday but it keeps changing the party to the following wednesday. I tried many times, each time it changed the day, mostly to the wednesday occasionally to a different day.

Message 2 of 69 (13,934 Views)

Re: [S] Planning future events using the calender not working for long-time save

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I had the same bug, I cant plan an event, because it goes to other day, for example, I cant make a party on saturday because it goes to Sunday but for the next week 

Message 3 of 69 (13,910 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Putting my questions from the official forum there in here as well

• Which issues happen to you (Event starting right away, Event not scheduling on the date you've chosen, other)
  • How long have you been playing the save (approx) ?
  • How long did you set the seasons ? (7, 14, or 28 days) ?
  • Does a fresh save work for you ?
  • Which events do you have issues with ?

Thanks for everyone that put their info. I think we're good now informationwise. 

If you have this issue, pressing me too on the first post is enough for now unless you have some more new info.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 69 (13,890 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice
  • Which issues happen to you (Event starting right away, Event not scheduling on the date you've chosen, other)  Events during the same week start immediately; events scheduled for the following week jump forward.
  • How long have you been playing the save (approx) ?  Save is only a few weeks old.
  • How long did you set the seasons ? (7, 14, or 28 days) ?  Seasons are 7 days long and have not been changed.
  • Does a fresh save work for you ?  A fresh game allows event scheduling without issue.
  • Which events do you have issues with ? Birthday, dance party, black and white bash, wienie roast, spooky party, incognito party.
Message 5 of 69 (13,847 Views)

Sims 4 Seasons Events

★★ Newbie

So I just got the SIms a few hours ago... My sims are pretty overused, and on the calender it says its their birthday on Sunday. I clicked Sunday and added an Event for a Birthday party. I picked a time and chose the guests blah blah... and saved it... But to my surprise, it saved it four days later. SO i tried again and again, and same result. I tried putting it on a different day, same result (four days later than scheduled) Tried a different social event.. same thing. I went on a live streams and asked them to try it for me... they did.. and they did not have this problem. Please help!

Message 6 of 69 (13,806 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

• Which issues happen to you => I pick a day like I do for the holidays, select the event / guests / etc., then, when I want to save, it will put the event on one of the greyed out days before the day I am currently at & will ask me if I want to start the event right away. Only happens on my desktop, not laptop. Although it's technically the same save I copied over a week ago.
  • How long have you been playing the save (approx) ? => Since before Parenthood came out
  • How long did you set the seasons ? (7, 14, or 28 days) ? => 14 days on desktop, 7 days on laptop
  • Does a fresh save work for you ? => Didn't try yet, will do that later
  • Which events do you have issues with ? => All

Message 7 of 69 (13,828 Views)
Highlighted

Re: [TO ADD] [S] Planning events using the calender not working for long-time sa

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice
  • Which issues happen to you (Event starting right away, Event not scheduling on the date you've chosen, other)

In my case when I try to set an event (a birthday) on Sunday the calendar for some reason places it two mondays later and I don't know why. If I try to set in on that Saturday it simply doesn't appear on the calendar.

• How long have you been playing the save (approx) ?

Like 2 days

• How long did you set the seasons ? (7, 14, or 28 days) ?

14 Days

• Has the game you're playing ever seen any mods/cc ? If so, did you remove them and try without ? (this is to figure out if all the mentioned issues are non-mod related and if a game that previously had mods is affected)

Yeah it has mods but I tried to play without them and no luck!

• Does a fresh save work for you ?

It does work without any problem

• Which events do you have issues with ?

For now birthdays, I haven't try others

Message 8 of 69 (13,809 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Seasons Events

Hero

@Savvy69290 wrote:

So I just got the SIms a few hours ago... My sims are pretty overused, and on the calender it says its their birthday on Sunday. I clicked Sunday and added an Event for a Birthday party. I picked a time and chose the guests blah blah... and saved it... But to my surprise, it saved it four days later. SO i tried again and again, and same result. I tried putting it on a different day, same result (four days later than scheduled) Tried a different social event.. same thing. I went on a live streams and asked them to try it for me... they did.. and they did not have this problem. Please help!

Hi

it's a known issue for pre-existing save games.

I've merged your post with the bug thread on the issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 69 (13,786 Views)

Seasons Calendar Event Planning Fail

★★★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to create a event for a future date
What happens when the bug occurs? It starts the event right away instead of scheduling for later.
What do you expect to see? Have the event saved in the calendar and not have it start straight away
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Hi, I’m in New Zealand. I bought sims 4 seasons expansion today, it’s really cool but I’m having issues with the calendar.

i can’t plan events for the future. I select the day, event type, quests etc right until I get the end and select the time and tick yes when the message pops up to say it’s about to begin 🙄

no no matter what I do I can’t plan events a head of schedule.

Holidays are working fine

Message 10 of 69 (13,753 Views)