Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [S] Overlapping skate rinks on community lot

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? TheSims4 Deluxe, Get to Work, Dogs and Cats, Get Together, City Living, Seasons. Game Packs - Jungle Adventures, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat. Stuff Packs - My First Pet, Laundry Day, Fitness, Bowling Night, Vintage Glamour, Backyard, Romantic Garden, Spooky, Cool Kitchen, Perfect Patio I have not custom content or mods, never have
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I think this happened when the seasons changed from spring to summer. The auto ice skate rink generated on the Community lot in NewCastle when season changed to spring it turned into a roller skate rink ie no ice but same rink, when season changed to summer a new skate rink appeared (bigger wooden with hanging lights) and overlaps the prior rink. Sims will enter the smaller rink yet will only skate in the larger summer rink even though it overlaps the smaller.
What happens when the bug occurs? it is a constant issue; the seasons first patch came out and the issue happened after that when it went from spring to summer, i thought maybe the 2nd patch would fix it but it did not I play with a 28 day season
What do you expect to see? overlapping skate rinks
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

@rosemow, recommended me to try to recover a saved game and to chose  repair in  the Origin screen, neither fix worked. I have attached a pic of the skate rinks, the sims don't seem to mind they skate anyway

NewCastle community lot

thank you for any help you can provide & have a blessed day

Message 1 of 30 (3,123 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: 2 overlapping skate rinks on community lot

Hero

Marking this as fixed for now.

Let me know if you still have this issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 28 of 30 (3,044 Views)

All Replies

Hero
Sounds a bit like the festival overlapping. Did you ever have issues with that as well ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 30 (3,045 Views)

EA Staff

Hi @apgjamie

Thank you for your report!

Would you be willing to send us your save file so we can give it a look? Instructions below:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

Thanks a lot and Happy Simming! 

Message 3 of 30 (3,015 Views)

★★★★ Novice
where & how can I find the saved file
thank you
Message 4 of 30 (3,002 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I found it. here is the link to the google drive to the oldest save I have
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/15PA1vVtkZ2x3Pc2Sa3fNy5RSfk8xJmGd?usp=sharing
Message 5 of 30 (2,998 Views)

★★★★ Novice

No issue with that only the rinks . . . that I know of

Message 6 of 30 (2,999 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Staff

EDIT: We got your saves! Thank you!

Hi @apgjamie

Please check the screenshot below:

Saves.jpg

In main menu, go to load game and then If you highlight the save file icon with the mouse pointer, it will show the location of your save so you can grab it and upload it using this steps:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

Happy simming!

Message 7 of 30 (2,993 Views)

Hero
Added this for now.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 30 (2,909 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CL] Festival objects spawning into each other and being stuck

★ Guide

I am having a similar problem with the ice skating and roller rings. The skating rings keep overlapping each other in the areas where they always spawn. Roller over ice. At the park I have both skating rings and season booths that never disappear. It started with the last patch, didn't happen to have this problem until the last patch. Happens even when I take my mods all out. My sims have only gone to a couple of festivals so far, so probably that is the reason I have not seen the festival overlap yet.

Message 9 of 30 (2,837 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CL] Festival objects spawning into each other and being stuck

Hero

@Rosehrtgirl

moved your post over to the rink thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 30 (2,834 Views)